🎯 Are you looking for a new opportunity?
🎯 Does the security of working for a small local government appeal to you?
🎯 Do you enjoy working with your hands and helping people?
Now is your chance to take your career to the next level by joining the Public Works Department for the Village of Alix.
Job Title: Public Works Foreman
Company: Village of Alix
Location: Alix, Alberta
Job type: Permanent & Full-Time
Job Status: 40 hours per week and requires on call availability
Salary: $66,560 to $70,720 based on experience plus overtime
The Village of Alix is seeking a motivated, positive individual to fill the permanent position of Public Works Foreman. You will be an integral member of the Village’s senior management team responsible for the overall operation of the Public Works department. This position reports to the Chief Administrative Officer. The Village of Alix offers a competitive compensation package and continuous learning opportunities in a community that enables a superior work-life balance.
About the Village of Alix
The Village of Alix is a thriving community conveniently located 53 km from Red Deer and roughly 37 km from both Stettler and Lacombe. With commercial and residential development on the rise, we are filled with endless opportunities and a flourishing downtown core. The Village has many businesses of various sizes and varieties, Alix MAC K-12 school, licensed Pre-school and Day-Care facilities, Volunteer Fire and Medical Department, as well as many services and services clubs that provide activities for all ages.
Home to the beautiful Alix Lake that is surrounded by a 6.3-kilometer Nature Trail full of wildlife and breath-taking scenery! The Lake is home to 11 powered campsites, sanded beach, playground, boat launch, day use area, and Centennial Park.
- Management of the Village’s water and wastewater system
- Maintenance of the Village’s roadways, sidewalks, and pathways
- Maintenance the Village’s parks and public green spaces
- Maintenance of the Village buildings, vehicles, and equipment
- Ensuring regulatory compliance for the operational aspects of the Village
- Assist with operational and capital budget recommendations
- Supervision of public works staff
- Class 3 Operators licence with acceptable driving record
- Clean Criminal Record
- Live in or able to commute to Alix, Alberta
- Ability to operate and maintain heavy equipment
- Working knowledge of road and sidewalk construction, water and sewer line construction as well as building construction and maintenance
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate courteously and effectively orally and in writing
- Computer literacy utilizing Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Grade 12 education or equivalent
Nice to Haves
- Previous experience within Public Works related occupation and/or post-secondary training in a related field
- Alberta Environment Certifications in
- Water Distribution and Treatment Operator Level 1
- Wastewater Distribution and Treatment Operator Level 1
How to Apply
Are you ready to make a difference and chart an exciting new career path? Please send your CV to email@example.com and title the email “Village of Alix.” We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interviewing process will be contacted.