Company: Undisclosed (Food Manufacturing Facility)
Recruiting Company: HRCovered Inc.
Job Title: Sanitation Manager
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time, In-Office
Location: Cambridge, Ontario
Compensation: 90-110k salary + benefits
Reports to: Quality Director
- Are you currently a manager or supervisor in the food or pharma industry?
- Do you possess hands-on experience in sanitation?
- Have you successfully implemented sanitation protocols and maintained compliance with industry regulations?
If you answered ‘yes’ to these questions, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our client, as their new Sanitation Manager!
Reporting to the Director of Quality, the Sanitation Manager will assist our client by monitoring and tracking all aspects related to the cleaning of facilities, in addition to managing the department’s supplies and relationships with outside sanitation contractors. In this role, you will provide guidance and leadership to a high-performing team that includes four sanitation supervisors. This position requires meticulous attention to detail, strong leadership skills, and a deep understanding of industry standards and regulations related to sanitation.
About our Client
Our client is a renowned global leader in diverse customer and product segments, offering a delectable range of baked goods. Trusted by top grocery chains worldwide, our client collaborates with retail partners to create innovative private-label crackers of exceptional value. The exceptional product and packaging capabilities enable our client to create custom solutions with the right combination of segment, occasion and flavour in Canada.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Evaluate, modify, and design sanitation policies and procedures to ensure product quality and integrity.
- Create, maintain, and reassess written sanitation procedures that will effectively accomplish the task of ensuring product safety at all times
- Provide guidance and leadership to sanitation supervisors.
- Provide support to other teams in their efforts to meet the cleanliness standards in their areas.
- Perform required departmental sanitation inspections and ensure all deficiencies are corrected and documented.
- Maintain the master sanitation schedule.
- Support timely start-ups of production lines by ensuring all departments and lines are cleaned and sanitized in a timely manner.
- Maintain a sound working relationship with other departments to ensure no interruption in business and ensure constant communication with all levels of management regarding sanitation issues.
- Maintain and ensure the safety of all employees through proper training and enforcement of all company policies, procedures and processes.
- Order and maintain chemical inventories. Provide training to all employees on chemical safety.
- Coach and provide the sanitation team with tools and resources to assist team members in skill development and growth.
- Consult on all performance issues, including performance appraisals, training and corrective actions.
- Responsible for maintaining food safety in work responsibilities and reporting food safety issues to QA immediately.
- Responsible for the execution of the cleaning and sanitation budget.
- Responsible for daily management and support for the team to achieve operational success.
- Monitor time and attendance and ensure compliance with Company Procedures.
- Approve the vacation requests.
- Carry out incident, accident and non-conformity investigations and associated reporting and action closure.
- Issue disciplinary action when needed.
- Perform other assigned duties.
- Follow Health and Safety rules and regulations.
- Must follow Good Manufacturing Practices, Food Safety, and Food Defense guidelines.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Requires 5 years of experience in the sanitation field.
- Must currently hold a management or supervisory position.
- Should have experience in the food or pharmaceutical industry.
- Requires a college diploma or a minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in food industry sanitation.
- Must have three years of management experience in a food manufacturing or consumer product industry.
- Additional training, degree and/or related experience are desired
- Previous sanitation experience and physical ability to work in the production environment are necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are needed to interact with all levels of the plant, organization, outside vendors, and customers.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Able to move quickly to various inspection and assessment areas.
- Bend or twist their body.
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel products.
- Always work indoors.
- Requires occasional travel between the three plant locations, all within three minutes of each other.
- May be exposed to very hot temperatures from ovens.
- May work close to others, usually within a few feet.
- Usually wear safety equipment such as gloves, hair nets, and beard nets.
- Straight shift work. This will generally be the day shift, but the individual must be flexible to come in during the weekend and other shifts occasionally to manage duties and sanitarians.
- Opportunity to lead a team of high performing professionals.
- Opportunity to design and execute sanitation policies and procedures for an international brand.
- Experience a fast paced environment and a great family culture.
- Work in a rapidly growing company that registered 60% growth in 2022.
- Work with a close knit team.
- Lots of learning opportunities and growth opportunities.
- Competitive salary plus benefits
If you think your skills closely match what we are looking for, and that you can fit in a fast-paced environment please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.