Recruiting Company: HRCovered Inc.
Job Title: Plant Manager
Job type: Permanent, Full-Time, In-Office
Location: Cambridge, Ontario
Compensation: 130-145 salary + benefits
Reports to: Director of Operations
- Are you a seasoned plant manager passionate about Continuous Improvement (CI)?
- Do you know your way around machinery and equipment?
- Are you prepared to actively engage and accomplish tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced setting?
Get ready to roll up your sleeves and take charge as the new Plant Manager at one of our Client’ food production facilities in Cambridge Ontario.
As the Plant Manager, you will be responsible for effectively managing the daily operations of the plant, encompassing everything from production and maintenance to the enforcement of policies and procedures. Your role will involve crafting and implementing processes that not only enhance stewardship, safety, quality, and productivity but also contribute to the overall success of the operation.
About our Client
Our client is a renowned global leader in diverse customer and product segments, offering a delectable range of baked goods. Trusted by top grocery chains worldwide, our client collaborates with retail partners to create innovative private-label crackers of exceptional value. The exceptional product and packaging capabilities enable our client to create custom solutions with the right combination of segment, occasion and flavour in Canada.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, direct, and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Increase production, assets capacity, and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards.
- Be responsible for the development and coaching of the Production Manager, Maintenance Manager, and planning team.
- Be responsible for production output and development of the PM plan.
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results.
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus.
- Monitor production and trigger corrective actions.
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime.
- Commit to plant safety procedures.
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics, and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets. Included but not limited to OEE, Efficiency, Conversion, work order, and PM Completion.
- Stay up to date with the latest production management best practices and concepts.
- Oversee daily operations of the company for optimum efficiency.
- Manage the performance of the production, maintenance, and planning departments.
- Lead production/maintenance employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication.
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Monitor and ensure effective WIP management and pallet management.
- Work closely with the leadership team to set and achieve company priorities.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant federal, state, and local requirements.
- Provide ongoing coaching to team members.
- Responsible for daily management and support for the team to achieve operational success.
- Monitor time and attendance and ensure compliance with Company Procedures.
- Approve vacation requests.
- Carry out incident, accident, and non-conformity investigations and associated reporting and action closure.
- Issue disciplinary action when needed.
- Serve as a Fire Safety Team Member.
- Perform other assigned duties.
- Follow Health and Safety rules and regulations.
- Must follow Good Manufacturing Practices, Food Safety, and Food Defense guidelines.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or a related field.
- Proven work experience as a plant manager.
- Proven managerial experience.
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation, and human resources).
- Familiarity with industry-standard equipment and technical expertise. Strong mechanical aptitude is required.
- Knowledgeable about safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory, and stewardship processes.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example.
- Strong team-building, decision-making, and people management skills.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong in Continuous Improvement (CI), with a requirement for proficiency in Six Sigma. Passion for continuous improvement in both people and processes.
- Proven track record of improving operations.
- Experience in the Food or Pharma industry is a plus but not a requirement.
- College diploma or degree is an asset.
- Typing (moderate)
- Physical efforts (moderate)
- Sitting involved
- Always work indoors.
- Work regular office hours, Monday to Friday.
- Straight shift work.
- Opportunity to take charge of day-to-day operations of a leading manufacturing company
- Opportunity to lead a team of high performing professionals.
- Experience a fast paced environment and a great family culture.
- Work in a rapidly growing company that registered 900X growth in six years.
- Work with a close knit team.
- Lots of learning opportunities and growth opportunities.
- Competitive salary plus benefits
If you think your skills closely match what we are looking for, and that you can fit in a fast-paced environment please send your resume to email@example.com.