Are you interested in being part of a world class conservation community? Now is your chance to take your career to the next level as a Level 3 Systems Administrator at the Toronto Zoo – one of GTA’s Top Employers and Canada Greenest Employer.
Job Title: SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR LEVEL 3
Location: Toronto (Highway 401 and Meadowvale Rd)
Job Type: Permanent & Full-Time
Job Status: Hybrid working – 3 days in office – 2 days from home
Reports to: IT Manager
Salary: $95,000 annual salary
Compensation Package: Dental, health and life insurance, 4 weeks vacation, OMERS pension plan (9% up to Yearly Maximum Pensionable Earnings of $64,900. Anything above this is 14.6%).
Reporting to the Manager, Technology, the Systems Administrator Level 3 will provide hands-on support across the Zoo to ensure the network and servers are reliable, available, and secure. A self-motivated, reliable individual who works well in the team environment, is enthusiastic about technology, likes to solve problems, and has effective written and oral communications skills are being sought. Toronto Zoo Technology team is passionate about the guest experience for visitors and staff we support.
About the Toronto Zoo
As one of GTA’s Top Employers and Canada Greenest Employer – Our Toronto Zoo is stepping into a period of transformational change with the launch of the new Master Plan and the development of a clear roadmap to achieve our mission, increase revenues and build resilience. This is a position that will give an individual with an enterprising mindset an opportunity to make significant transformational impacts.
Our Toronto Zoo serves more than 1.2 million guests each year on over 500 acres and the foundation of all of our work is based on four cares:
- We care about our animals
- We care about our team
- We care about our guests
- We care about our community
We strive to have this caring culture grounded in the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion. We commit to collaborating with our teams, guests and community to celebrate the rich diversity of Toronto and Canada.
As a world class accredited zoo and part of the global conservation community we work with the World Association of Zoos and Aquariums and the International Union for the Conservation of Nature and collaborate with governmental agencies, conservation and science non-governmental organizations and corporate and academic partners to share our knowledge and learn from each other to enhance our collective impact.
- Accountable for the operational efficiency of the existing servers and network, and to restore services with minimal downtime during disruptions.
- Serve as a Senior System Administrator on the Microsoft Stack (Azure, Windows Server, O365/M365, Windows 10, 11, SharePoint).
- Serve as Senior System Administrator on the CISCO ecosystem (firewalls, networking, DNA, ISE).
- Manage, monitor, secure, and troubleshoot our SaaS platform through the Azure Web Services cloud environment.
- Serve as a core technical advisor in the assessment, planning and implementation of new endpoint management features and capabilities.
- Recommend, schedule, plan, and implement network changes and upgrades.
- Recommend, schedule, plan, and implement server hardware changes and upgrades.
- Monitor client systems and identify potential and actual problems.
- Monitor and test servers and network for potential cyber attack and identify possible solutions.
- Develop and maintain standards and tools to support and secure the network and servers.
- Record and maintain server and network hardware, server licensing, and user access and security.
- Proactively define opportunities for operational efficiency, through technology refreshes, and/or other considerations.
- Develop, document and maintain detailed documentation outlining network processes.
- Work with the Technology team to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
- Proactively monitor and test system performance, collect and analyze metrics and provide statistics, reports and recommend action plan.
- Interview, select, train, schedule, supervise, evaluate, counsel, manage, and discipline assigned staff.
- Play a key role in the development of team members that are less senior and act as a mentor.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with WHMIS legislation, the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Toronto Zoo Safety Policy, ensuring all employees work in a safe manner, with the appropriate protective equipment, and that all accidents and hazards within areas of responsibility are promptly investigated and corrective action taken.
- Assists guests on-site as required ensuring excellent customer service.
- Other related duties as requested by Manager and/or Director.
- Must have a post-secondary degree or diploma in computer, or equivalent experience.
- Must have industry certifications Cisco CCNP Wireless, and CISSP or equivalent.
- Minimum five (5) years Systems Administrator experience including hands-on experience with:
- Managing a modern endpoint environment through cloud based M365 tools including Azure AD, Intune/Endpoint Manager, Autopilot, Defender for Endpoint, etc.
- Cisco DNA / SDA
- Cisco Identify Services Engine (ISE) for both wired and wireless deployments with integration with Software Defined Networking and MDM
- Deep experience and knowledge of endpoint management technologies and collaboration tools such as SCCM/MECM, Intune, Endpoint Manager, AD/AAD, Autopilot, Defender for Endpoint.
- Proven experience with server implementation and maintenance including experience with security management and best practices.
- Ability to supervise staff and work within a team environment.
- Effective at identifying and leading projects and/or initiatives in support of business goals
- Ability to organize and prioritize accountabilities to support organization needs and advances the Technology strategy.
- Clear and effective written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and manage daily tasks.
- Must be able to work both, independently and supervised.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position (e.g. lift 50 lbs, walk to client sites, and climb stairs).
- Must have working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Possession of a full, unrestricted G Class driver’s License, with a clean driving record an asset (drivers abstract required).
- Must be willing to work occasional evenings, weekends and holidays.
How to Apply
If you have not yet found the company whose passion and standard for excellence rivals yours, then DO NOT MISS this opportunity! To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.