Starship Freight is celebrating 34 successful years in business! Starship Freight is a third-party transportation logistics company, located in Georgetown, Ontario.
The company is looking for a Rates Coordinator to implement and monitor customer rates to stay profitable yet competitive in the marketplace.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, open communication environment and is looking for a long-term opportunity to grow within a family operated company.
Compensation Base Salary: $50,000-$60,000+ and Bonus Plan
Benefits: Full Health and Dental after 3 months
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time, Potential for Hybrid Work
- Maintain and build relationships with current and future customers.
- Coordinate with internal departments to identify pricing trends in transportation and revise customer pricing accordingly.
- Respond to customer rate requests promptly.
- Keep records of submitted customer spot quotes and pricing contracts, along with the feedback received, to make informed decisions on current and future requests.
- Set pricing strategy for all services and monitor execution to ensure clients are achieving margin dollars and return on investment.
- Perform pricing functions including lane cost analysis using both internal and external tools.
- Review market trends to assist with lane level margin strategies and prepare final pricing proposals to internal and external customers.
- Work collaboratively with sales and operations teams to meet deadlines and provide accurate responses.
- Support improved carrier relationships, optimize transportation network, and enable “single sourcing” to customer base.
- Provide performance analysis of pricing initiatives at the service and account level.
- Create pricing policy, recommend changes in pricing structure/methodology, and apply consistent processes and operating procedures to implement pricing changes and gain maximum efficiencies.
- Perform financial analysis for specific customer opportunities that fall outside of pricing policy.
Ideal Candidate has the Following Skills and Experience:
- 1-3 years of experience in the Freight Brokerage Industry or working for a trucking company is an asset.
- Experience in the transportation industry is an asset.
- Experience working with pricing models and understanding margins.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications with emphasis on Excel and Word.
- Strong analytical intelligence with the ability to create spreadsheets.
- Strong mathematical skills with the ability to make on-the-fly calculations.
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to manage multiple tasks at a time.
- Must be able to work both independently and within a team environment.
In order to apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 5th, 2022.