Starship Freight is a third-party transportation logistics company, located in Georgetown, Ontario. The company is celebrating 34 successful years in business.
Starship Freight is looking for a creative and adaptable Logistics Pricing Analyst to provide leadership and direction to the company and manage all bid activity, including spot quoting for all modes of transportation. This individual will be a change agent for process improvements!
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, open communication environment and is looking for a long-term opportunity to grow within a small, family operated company.
Compensation: $50,000-$60,000 + Bonus Plan
*Compensation depends on experience and ability to manage and create a stronger pricing environment*
Benefits: Full Health and Dental
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time in Office
- Set pricing strategy for all services and monitor execution to ensure clients are achieving margin dollars and return on investment.
- Responsible for pricing all incoming bids and providing analytical support to increase and improve anticipated cost models.
- Perform pricing functions including lane cost analysis using both internal and external tools.
- Review market trends to assist with lane level margin strategies and prepare final pricing proposals to internal and external customers.
- Work collaboratively with sales and operations teams to meet deadlines and provide accurate responses.
- Support improved carrier relationships, optimize transportation network, and enable “single sourcing” to customer base.
- Achieve compliance with all regulatory requirements, capacity development, optimizing costs, increasing revenues through pricing strategies and improving profitability.
- Work with business development team to establish price for new services or enhancements to existing services.
- Provide performance analysis of pricing initiatives at the service and account level.
- Create pricing policy, recommend changes in pricing structure/methodology, and apply consistent processes and operating procedures to implement pricing changes and gain maximum efficiencies.
- Report pricing updates on an ongoing basis and recommend changes to the executive team as applicable.
- Align with our client’s other companies to ensure pricing visibility across multiple operating companies.
- Perform financial analysis for specific customer opportunities that fall outside of pricing policy.
Ideal Candidate has the Following Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics, Science, Statistics, Math or related field.
- 3-5 years experience working with pricing models and understanding margins.
- 3-5 years experience in Freight Brokerage/Transportation industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in database management software (Revenova), Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
- Must have strong quantitative analytical skills and possess creativity.
In order to apply, please send your resume to email@example.com before January 20th, 2022.