Do you like working in a fast-paced environment? Are you good at relationship building? Do you have strong negotiation skills? If so, you’re in luck! We have the perfect role for you!
Starship Freight is looking for a Dispatcher to join their growing team! The Dispatcher will be responsible for booking freight, negotiating pricing with the carriers and sourcing new trucking companies. The role will report to the Dispatch Manager.
Why you should work for Starship:
- 35 successful years in business as a reputable third-party, transportation logistics company, located in Georgetown, Ontario.
- Job Type: Permanent, Full Time in Georgetown Office. Hybrid work available depending on the candidate’s skill set.
- Competitive Base Salary starting at $55,000 to $60,000, depending on experience and monthly bonus!
- 100% Employer Covered Health and Dental Benefits after 3 months. Life insurance and Long-term disability Benefits.
- 3 weeks vacation! Plus sick time.
The ideal candidate is hard-working, resourceful and enjoys a variety of work as they will be assisting the Dispatch team with bookings and utilizing their negotiation skills to get the best price! If you are familiar with booking freight and have a proven track record of negotiating rates, this is a great opportunity!
- Maintain and build relationships with current and future suppliers.
- Negotiate the best price on behalf of the customer.
- Schedule and coordinate all service calls as calls are received.
- Ensure calls are performed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation.
- Oversee all communications within specifically assigned territories.
Ideal Candidate has the Following Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of Dispatching experience in the freight brokerage/third party logistics industry or relevant experience negotiating pricing and moving freight.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Experience with: Salesforce (Revenova), Load Link, etc an asset.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks at a time.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Must be able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
In order to apply, please send your resume to email@example.com before January 27th, 2023.