Starship Freight is celebrating 34 successful years in business! Starship Freight is a third-party transportation logistics company, located in Georgetown, Ontario.
The company is looking for a driven and committed individual to join the sales team as an Account Manager in the GTA East End to help grow and maintain accounts by effectively selling and delivering the company’s services.
The ideal candidate is an experienced sales person looking for a long-term opportunity to build and grow within a family operated company!
Competitive Base Salary: Starting at $73,000 + Monthly Commission
Benefits: Car allowance, Gas card, Cell phone, Laptop, Full Health and Dental Benefits
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
- Outside sales position, reporting directly to the Sales Manager.
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current and prospective customers in the assigned GTA East Territory to generate new business for the company’s services.
- Makes calls, in-person visits where applicable and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Research sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Present clear and effective proposals for current and prospective customers.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Coordinates sales efforts with their team.
- Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.
- Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the return on time invested for the territory.
- Creates and manages sales forecasts for territory annually.
- Produces reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new services.
- Keeps abreast of market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through reading of pertinent literature.
Ideal Candidate has the Following Skills and Experience:
- Post-secondary education is preferred with 3-5 years of experience in the logistics/transportation field.
- Or 5 years of experience with a proven track record.
- Demonstrates ability for problem-solving ability to determine solutions for customers.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Must be results oriented and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Valid driver’s license with a reliable car.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com CRM system.
In order to apply, please send your resume to email@example.com before July 5th, 2022.