Company: Company Name Undisclosed
Recruiting Company: HRCovered Inc.
Job Title: Senior Financial Accountant
Location: Ottawa, Ontario.
Job type: Permanent, Full-Time, Hybrid Role with a combination of remote and in-person work in a professional office environment
Compensation: 80-85k salary + benefits
🎯 Do you live in or within commuting distance to Ottawa?
🎯 Can you breeze through financial statements and reports?
🎯 Are you looking to work in a rewarding, family-feel environment?
If the answer is YES, this exciting opportunity is for you!
Our client is looking for an experienced Financial Accountant with substantial experience to join their close-knit team immediately.
As a Financial Accountant, you will report directly to the Controller and possess a strong drive for precision and meticulousness in financial reporting. You will excel in collecting and scrutinizing financial data from various departments within the organization. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and committed to delivering accurate and timely full-cycle accounting support, including the completion of weekly and monthly financial reports, reconciliations, and analysis of general ledger information.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Supervise the finance team of 2 individuals.
- Support the Head Office accounting functions in a variety of full-cycle accounting.
- Prepare monthly Financial Statements.
- Prepare monthly analysis and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and record accounting adjustments as required.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reconciliations across sales, banking and debit/credit card settlement reports, and post activity to the group general ledgers.
- Support the company’s system of internal controls through researching, reconciling, reporting, and working to resolve differences.
- Assist in monthly sales tax and other periodic government compliance reporting.
- Reconcile and balance intercompany transactions.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and year-end ad-hoc reports.
- Stay current with relevant regulations, practices, tax laws, reporting requirements and industry trends.
- Baccalaureate in Business or Accounting
- A minimum of three years practical work experience.
- CPA or CP designation or working towards it is a plus
- High level of proficiency in Sage 300 or comparable commercial SME accounting software package
- Experience working in multiple entity environments.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and reconciliation skills.
- Demonstrated willingness to take conscientious ownership within areas of responsibility for the benefit of the business, and an ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Results-oriented with a strong work ethic and a passion for learning, innovation, and process improvement
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organization skills coupled with internal and external customer orientation.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with superior attention to detail.
- Bilingualism (English and French) would be an asset.
- Experience in the hospitality industry would be an asset.
- Competitive salary range of 80-85k
- Opportunity for career advancement
- Work in a family business with a family-like culture.
- Work with an experienced financial team
- Low turnover rate
How to Apply
If you have not yet found the company whose passion and standard for excellence rivals yours, then DO NOT MISS this opportunity! To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 26th, 2023.