Company Hiring: Fleetwood Fine Furniture
Recruiting Company: HRCovered Inc.
Job Title: Senior Designer
Job type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Remote (Head office is located in Vaughan, ON)
Job Start Date: August 2nd, 2022
Do you have what it takes to design high end furniture for some of North America’s top hotels? Are you a master of AutoCAD? Are you looking for a new opportunity to grow and learn for an innovative company? Here’s your chance!
About Fleetwood Fine Furniture
Fleetwood Fine Furniture International is a manufacturer of custom case-goods for luxury hotels, located in Vaughan, Ontario. Established in 1973, Fleetwood Fine Furniture International has furnished many of the finest hotels around the world. Working with top owners, designers and purchasers, Fleetwood has manufactured and delivered hundreds of thousands of rooms, enabling hoteliers globally to create world class customer experiences. The broad experiences of Fleetwood’s team allow them to understand designers’ dreams and then to turn those dreams into custom furniture. We are currently searching for Senior Engineers to join our team.
Fleetwood Fine Furniture is seeking a new Senior Designer (with an engineering pedigree) to join the team. In this role, you will be involved in all aspects of designing furniture from working with vendors, consulting with clients, collaborating with other engineers (in both North America and the Philippines) on the design and construction of high-end hotel furniture. This position reports to the Engineer Manager.
What you’ll do at Fleetwood Fine Furniture
- Create, edit, and check detailed shop drawings included working with factory and vendors of buyout elements such as metal, lighting, and stone, among others
- Be involved in purchasing any required buyouts, including request pricing from vendors and follow up as required
- Ensure that any revisions or corrections are captured and implemented, keeping all documents and files up-to-date and always organized
- Prepare, check, and confirm documents/drawings being release into production
- Familiar with or be good at interpreting Installation Manuals of Products and/or Hardware to ensure correct installation and usage
- Review specifications prior to project kick-off meetings and client/design meetings
- Interface with factories on issues relating to production of products
- Review daily production reports and process any production revisions
- Work in partnership with other team members to ensure requirements are met
- Knowledge of furniture and means of manufacturing
- Excellent command of AutoCAD 2022 (in both 2D and 3D)
- Working knowledge of wood, metal, stone, and glass as used in typical woodworking
- Willingness to travel when needed
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Basic knowledge of Windows (Excel, Word, Teams etc…)
- Architectural Technology Design or related background is an asset
- 90-100K salary
- 2% RRSP Matching Plan
- Full Health and Dental Benefits
- 3 weeks vacation
- ½ day Fridays from the May long weekend to the last weekend in September
- Work-life balance with some flexibility as to when you start (7:30 to 9:00 AM)
Does this sound like you?
- Out-of-the-box thinker who loves to solves problems
- Poses a keen attention to detail with ability to recognize discrepancies
- Enjoys the challenge of working under pressure and managing critical timelines
- Enjoys working remotely and collaborating with a team
- Is passionate about furniture design
If you like what you just read, apply now! Final candidates will be required to submit a current shop-drawing portfolio and complete an engineering test, which includes putting a drawing together based on furniture design specs. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 11th, 2022.