Rapkin Wein LLP is a firm of professional accountants of diverse backgrounds and interests who have come together to provide personalized, pro-active, efficient and effective services for our clients.
The firm is looking for an Audit and Accounting Associate to join the team to assist with a variety of client files performing condo and corporate audits.
The work will be performed in the Toronto office located in the Yonge Sheppard Centre during the beginning of employment then become flex/remote work. This position will report to any of the two partners, depending on the file.
The ideal candidate is a designated professional with a background in public accounting that wants to invest long term with a firm.
This is a great opportunity to work independently on files, while working in a close knit, relaxed environment, where work life balance is a priority.
Compensation Range: Competitive compensation starting at $65,000 to $95,000 depending on condo experience and completion of designation. Discretionary yearly bonus!
Benefits: 3 weeks vacation and paid time off between Christmas and New Years! Health spending account.
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time, Flex/Remote Work!
- Complete audit engagements for condominiums and shared facilities with varying degrees of complexity with minimal supervision (including financial statement presentation and notes).
- Complete sections of corporate audits with supervision (including financial statement presentation and notes).
- Responsible for identification of all accounting policy and treatment issues and selection of appropriate accounting treatment and communication to supervisor and in file of decision made.
- Prepare compilation engagements (with minimal supervision).
- Prepare personal and corporate tax returns.
- Perform bookkeeping duties for various clients.
- Use technical knowledge to identify issues and opportunities; analyze and resolve issues.
- Discuss and resolve audit and accounting issues with clients as required for each engagement.
- Required to perform audit field work at client locations and in the office.
- Work with the audit and administrative teams to complete all assignments and to review and improve firm’s approaches to audits and accounting assignments and all communication with clients.
Ideal Candidate has the following Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in public accounting ideally with a smaller to mid size firm.
- Completion of CPA, CA designation or near the end of completion is considered a strong asset.
- Audit experience required and condominium audit experience preferred.
- Experience working independently on a file from start to finish with minimum supervision and assistant from support staff.
- Provide excellent client service which requires strong communication abilities both in writing and verbally.
- Computer proficiency; experienced user of MS Outlook, Word, Excel; working knowledge in Caseware and Caseview; Taxprep and iFirm.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with clients and with the audit, accounting and administration teams within the office.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented to ensure all assignments are done efficiently and all work properly documented to meet CPA standards.
- Thrives under pressure and prioritizes tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Quick learner with new software and technology.
In order to apply, please send your resume to email@example.com before June 4th, 2023.