Job Title: Landscaper
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time,
Location: Ayr, Ontario
👉 Do you love transforming spaces into beautiful natural landscapes?
👉 Do you value sustainability and enjoy getting your hands dirty?
👉 Do you want to be part of a great work culture that is offering a full-time job and the ability to scale your career in the long term?
Quiet Nature is a sustainable landscape company that focuses on an environmentally sensitive approach to both design and construction of outdoor spaces. The company consists of a team of experienced horticulturalists, craftsmen, and talented landscape designers who love to bring their enthusiasm for the great outdoors to every project they take on.
The Landscaper is responsible for performing a variety of work tasks primarily around hardscape installation projects. In this role, you will be required to operate a variety of tools and equipment to carry out specific job tasks.
- $24-30/hour based on experience
- 9 hours of paid stat holidays (a rare perk among landscape companies)
- 1 week company wide shutdown for vacation in August plus another week of vacation throughout the year
- Medical benefit program or have that money added to your RRSP
- Professional development reimbursement program
- $100 incentive program for personal gear, $200 annually for returning staff
- Free uniform
- Aid in the loading and unloading of trucks and trailers at the start and end of shifts and on the jobsite
- Move and install soil, mulch, aggregate, rocks and plant material to assist with the construction of landscape gardens
- Operate power equipment including, but not limited to skid steer, mini-excavator, stone saw, variety of compactors, rototiller, sod cutters, variety of woodworking tools, blowers, and line trimmers
- Conduct daily inspections and maintenance on vehicles, tools, and equipment
- Assist Crew Lead or Lead Hand in other work-related duties including shop and yard maintenance, vehicle, and equipment maintenance
- Always wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and comply with all applicable OHSA, and company health and safety rules and policies
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
- Communicate with customers in a polite and courteous manner
Minimum Requirements & Work Conditions
- 3 plus minimum experience in outdoor construction or landscaping
- Someone who wants to grow with the company with the potential to one day move up into a management position
- Maintains a valid G licence in good standing
- Proficient in safe operation of truck and trailer combination
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment, and materials
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. repeatedly through an entire work shift
- Enjoys to work in a fast-paced environment
- Perform mathematical calculations between imperial and metric
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Experience working around and on heavy equipment
- Enjoys working outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, dust, noise, and cold
- Able to work 10-hour shifts during high season (mid-March to end of December) and periodic snow-ploughing in the winter
- Can work the odd weekend when possible
- Please note that qualified candidates will be asked to complete both a Cultural Alignment Questionnaire and Personality Test.
How to Apply
We are looking for a team player who goes above and beyond to get the job done. If this seems like you, apply now!
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before August 1st, 2022.