Founded in 1992, Precision Service and Pumps is proudly Canadian owned and operated. The company is committed to providing its clients with improved service call time frames, competitive job rates and exceptional quality workmanship on projects anywhere in the province of British Columbia or Western Canada.
The Head Office is located in the Fraser Valley City of Abbotsford, a location that provides convenient access to all municipalities and regions throughout the province.
The company is looking for a Driller/Pump Installer to work at different installation sites throughout the province and even out of the country. Your crew will include a Lead Hand Helper and you will report to the owner. You will never be bored in this role, as the contacts contracts and locations vary!
The ideal candidate has a Driller’s or Pump Installer Certificate. If you enjoy working outdoors, are motivated by physically and mentally rewarding work and ready to take on interesting work with a stable, well-known company…this role is for you!
Why you should work for Precision Service and Pumps:
- Small, easy going, family company that gets together for fun team building events!
- Company mission is to help individuals with an essential service “water”
- Job Type: Full-time permanent position, working four, 10 hour days a week.
- Competitive Compensation: $35-$45 per hour (based on experience), after 40hrs Overtime is paid at time and a half and anything over 12 hrs is double!
- Comprehensive Benefits include Health and Dental, RRSP matching, tool and gear allowance.
- Relocation Allowance of $10,000 paid out over a one year period.
- Operating cable tool drill rig.
- Rehab, surging, bailing, swabbing methods on the cable tool drill rig.
- Pulling and setting deep well water pumps.
- Conduct water well flow testing.
- Cleaning and disinfecting wells in preparation for use.
- Install, test, maintain and repair water well pumps, piping systems and equipment and perform pumping tests to assess well performance.
- Plug or cap deteriorated wells to prevent contamination of the groundwater.
- Ensuring the accurate and timely recording of all information including, but not limited to, work orders, well tests, daily journals, pump sets and video inspections.
- Responsible for organizing the crew, equipment and materials required to perform a quality job completed to the customer’s specifications, including mobilizing and de-mobilizing at the shop.
- Use hand and power tools in the assembly, installation and repair of groundwater and wastewater pumping and distribution equipment.
- Drive service trucks to and from job sites. Load and unload service trucks.
- Demonstrate the commitment in providing outstanding customer service.
- Demonstrate and ensure workplace health and safety procedures are followed, at all times.
Ideal Candidate has the Following Skills and Experience:
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in the Groundwater Industry.
- Water Well Driller Certification or Pump Installer Certification is a definite asset.
- Understand industrial piping processes.
- Valid Class 3 or 1 driver’s license is a definite asset.
- Cable Tool experience preferred.
- Proficient with use of manual transmission.
- Electrical fundamentals.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Understand water hydraulics.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to lead a crew.
It is important to note, this role is VERY physically demanding. You need to be willing to undergo physical fitness testing, work outdoors in all weather conditions, work out of town for up to three weeks at a time and undergo occasional drug testing depending on client requirements.
In order to apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before November 8th, 2022.