Founded over 22 years ago, Owen & Associates is a leading Consulting and Brokerage firm that helps global companies establish and manage comprehensive employee benefit solutions. They combine industry experience with a client-centered approach to deliver outstanding service and unique solutions to their clients.
The company is looking for someone who has strong managerial skills and wants to take the next step in their career and join the team as the Director of Third-Party Administration (TPA).
This position requires a love for building relationships, providing excellent customer service and leading a team of 25 Benefit Specialists. The role will have considerable focus on client retention and management and will oversee the team handling of all the TPA clients, over 150 accounts. The role reports to the CEO.
The ideal candidate has a strong knowledge of Group Benefits, has successfully coached and mentored a team of at least 15 or more and understands business and workflow to help drive efficiencies and have an overall positive impact on the company!
Company Benefits and Perks:
- Full-time, permanent, hybrid role. Ideal candidate resides in ON and is willing to travel to the head office in Collingwood once per month to meet with your team.
- Competitive Compensation starting at $120,000 to $160,000, depending on experience and completion of designation.
- Company is growing 20-30% each year with an employee driven culture, focused around career development and change!
- Training and professional development coverage.
- Company and Performance based bonus, employer paid health and dental benefits, RRSP matching program.
- Generous vacation and flex/sick days.
- Oversee daily administration of Group Benefit & Retirement plans for all TPA clients by the Benefits Specialists
- Handle escalation items to ensure proper handling & client satisfaction
- Sync with other internal teams to ensure the highest level of client service & a united approach to our client offerings
- Oversee the roll out of the Benefits Administration System
- Review systems & processes to improve efficiency; follow through on such projects to ensure implementation with all team members
- Work with Auditing to ensure follow-up items are actioned & that Benefits Specialist feedback is being monitored
- Ensure Administration procedures are compliant with associated standards & implement change accordingly
- Strategize on client assignment to ensure appropriate workload per Benefits Specialist
- Hire & conduct initial onboarding / training as new team members are hired for the Administration team
- Complete performance reviews including corrective action, warnings & when required, terminations (to be supported by HR)
- Conduct employee annual reviews
- Conduct weekly meetings with the Administration Team and action any follow-up items required
- Plan & execute team member uptraining opportunities
- Direct on-boarding of new clients by working closely with the client & designated Benefits Specialist, creating an ongoing process and ensure proper roll-out of the program
- Attend sales meetings to further detail our Administration services to prospective clients
- Keep up to date with industry trends and activities by participating in webinars, seminars, etc.
- When required, handle client administration should a shortfall in the administration team staffing occur
Qualifications and Skills:
- Completion of a post secondary degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the industry serving client accounts
- Insurance carrier or Broker specific experience in Employee Benefits or Group Retirement Saving Plans
- 3-5 years of experience managing a team larger than 15 involving mentoring, coaching, reviews and escalations
- Completion of CEBS, GBA or LLPQ is an asset
- High level of creativity and proven track record of driving initiatives and improving processes
- Detail orientated and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
- Exceptional leadership skills and ability to build rapport
- Stong communication skills both written and verbal
- Highly flexible, self-motivated and able to multi-task
- Confident leading internal and external client meetings
- Clear and concise in communicating directives and information
- Positive attitude, solution oriented and a team player
- Genuine interest and enjoyment in leading a team
- Able to work with and manage different personality types
- Bilingual (French and English) is an asset
In order to apply, please send your resume to email@example.com before January 14th, 2024.