ORCA designs, manufactures and installs the leading technology in the food waste recycling industry. They are committed to delivering efficient, clean alternatives to traditional truck-based collection systems.
The company is looking for a Senior Accountant to maintain their finance and accounting process and procedures. The successful candidate is able to combine excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles in order to analyze financial reports and forecasts.
This ideal candidate is detail-oriented, an organized professional and a team player who has a strong sense of follow through. This role would be ideal for a hands-on professional, who wants to assist the ORCA team in achieving their vision: to take every garbage truck off the road!
This is a great opportunity to be an essential part of the business and work in a fun, relaxed environment, where sustainability initiatives are important!
Compensation Range: Competitive compensation starting at $85,000 to $95,000 depending on experience.
Great growth opportunities as the company is growing!
Benefits: Company-paid benefits after 3 months.
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time, Primarily Remote Role
- Record daily financial transactions, reconciliations and maintain the general ledger.
- Maintain fixed asset and capital lease asset files including the calculation of depreciation.
- Monitor and confirm accurate posting of bills to ensure all vendor records and accounts payable files are accurate.
- Oversee accounts receivable and process client payments.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and reconcile discrepancies.
- Perform month-end close procedures, including accruals and prepaid postings, bank reconciliations, and balancing intercompany accounts with proper documentation.
- Perform Inventory Reconciliation.
- Ensure accounting records are updated on a timely basis.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting.
- Complete government returns such as GST/HST/QST returns, Employer Health Tax returns, and WSIB reconciliation forms.
- Knowledge of US Sales and Income Taxes.
- Understanding of various corporate insurance coverages and experienced in dealing with Insurance companies and brokers.
- Assist in Cash Forecasting and Cash Flow estimates.
- Assist in preparation of Budgets.
- Assist in external audits including the preparation of supplementary schedules.
- Assist with the preparation and processing of payrolls including commission calculations and benefit deductions.
Ideal Candidate has the following Skills and Experience:
- 7 to 10 years of full cycle accounting experience, preferably in a manufacturing company.
- Knowledge of IFRS, cost accounting, and financial data analysis.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- CPA Canada Certified.
- Experience in ERP systems (particularly MS Dynamics Business Central) will be an asset.
- Experience working with auditors.
- Intermediate Level Excel Skills are required.
- Ability to comfortably interact with a variety of people.
In order to apply, please send your resume to email@example.com before June 8th, 2022.