Would you like to accelerate your career at one of the largest insurance brokers in Southern Ontario? Are you passionate about providing impactful solutions to your clients? Do you value working in a supportive working environment? Here’s your chance!
Job Title: Insurance Broker
Company: McConville Omni
Location: St.Thomas and/or London
Job type: Permanent & Full-Time. Hybrid (in office tuesday-thursday)
Reports to: Personal Lines Manager
Compensation: 48-52K plus commission (60% commission on all new business for the first year)
About McConville Omni Insurance
McConville Omni is one of the largest insurance brokers in Southern Ontario serving the London and St. Thomas communities with insurance solutions that provide the protection our clients need.
Since 1954, we have been a trusted provider to the London, St. Thomas and area communities offering personal insurance and commercial insurance solutions. In 2015, May McConville Insurance Brokers merged with Omni Insurance Brokers to better offer the uniquely personalized service we are known for.
When you work with the McConville Omni Insurance Brokers team, you benefit from our years of experience, from the strong relationships we have developed with our carrier partners, and from a culture that truly cares about you.
Are you looking for a flexible Hybrid opportunity with a balance of working from home and in office days? Do you have a passion for insurance and delivering a great customer experience? Are you looking for a rewarding new career? If so, we may have the right opportunity for you!
You will become a member of a high performance team focused on understanding our client’s unique needs and what they value. As a member of the team, you will share your expertise and knowledge to provide guidance to our customer on the best available coverage options.
What you’ll do at McConville Omni
- Actively service and maintain a personal lines assigned book of business.
- Manage client calls, email requests and general inquiries.
- Provide advice to clients on their current insurance policy coverage limits and recommend appropriate coverage enhancement to reduce their risk exposure.
- Prepare and process policy renewals and remarket policies as necessary.
- Gather details of claims or accidents from clients and generate submit reports to the appropriate insurance company.
- Manage underwriting requests, payment reminders, and process client change requests.
- Offer new coverage enhancements to existing clients including the benefits of bundling their insurance.
- Advocating for our clients to find the best fit of coverage and premium to meet their needs.
- Enjoy collaborating with your team and have some fun!
Who we need
- Proven track record of delivering exceptional customer service and managing an assigned book of business
- Excellent time management skills and knowledge of how to prioritize
- Demonstrates that the customer is a priority
- Set realistic expectations for the customer
- Understand the importance of working as a team and following service standard to ensure a consistent client experience
- A solid understanding of underwriting risk and making coverage recommendations to clients
- Have genuine empathy and a desire to always do the best for the job for the customer
- RIBO or OTL licence
- Minimum 1 year of experience as an Insurance Broker
- Must have a valid drivers licence
- Live within a 60 minute drive of St. Thomas and/or London, Ontario
Nice to haves
- Strong working knowledge of TAM preferred (The Agency Manager)
Why Join McConville Omni
- 48-52K salary plus commission (60% commission on all new business for the first year)
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- RRSP matching up to 3%
- Health and dental benefits
- Long term disability and life insurance
- Continuing education assistance and reimbursement
- A focus on Health & Wellness including an EAP Program and Healthcare spending account
- A hybrid of work from home and office days
- Cross sell commission opportunities
- Our culture of learning and empathy, with our obsession to do what is right and fair, drives us to protect our people and our communities
- We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that accommodates all individuals, including those with disabilities
Are you ready for an exciting opportunity?
Be one of the first to apply! Please send your resume to email@example.com before August 16, 2022