Itasca is a global, employee-owned, engineering consulting and software firm, working primarily with the geomechanics, hydrogeological and microseismics communities.
They offer services and software for engineering industries where solutions to problems rely on unique integrated experience in rock behavior processes. They solve problems no one else can and are internationally recognized as being the front-runner in rock mechanics!
They have a range of clients including mining companies, petroleum service and operating companies, civil design and construction firms, government, universities and other engineering consulting firms.
Itasca is looking for a passionate and talented individual to join their firm as a Principal Engineer to support the delivery of successful projects.
The Principal Engineer is responsible for the construction, development, interpretation and analysis of geomechanical assessments for mining clients using practical experience in combination with empirical and numerical methods. The successful candidate will be responsible for client interactions, project delivery, accountability and working and directing other team members to deliver projects on time and schedule.
This is a permanent position with long-term growth potential. The compensation package includes a competitive salary, benefits and stock options. Signing bonus and relocation package are negotiable for the successful candidate.
- Sourcing of future projects using your own network of contacts.
- Act as a primary point of contact with the client, including site visits, underground assessments.
- Respond and attend to client requests in a positive manner while fulfilling defined scope accurately and within required timelines.
- Produce and interpret Numerical Models that provide effective and accurate interpretation of the subject matter.
- Complete advanced programming functions as required to complete technical work.
- Oversee and support the full technical team to ensure project deliverables are produced in an accurate fashion.
- Effectively and efficiently produce all required technical work, proposals, and documentation.
- Present the work to clients and respond to all questions and concerns with confidence while providing backup as required.
- Ability to produce work proposals and accurately estimate resourcing and budget requirements.
- Understand, support, and abide by all required Health and Safety guidelines.
- Ensure management of all required administrative tasks and other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining budgetary control over projects and being accountable for budget and timelines.
- Promote core values of teamwork, professionalism, effective communication skills and a positive attitude.
- Ensure that all written and verbal communication; both internally and externally, is done accurately and with a high degree of professionalism.
- Mentor and support other staff and provide guidance and leadership as needed.
- Master’s degree in Engineering is required.
- Professional Engineer in Canada, or equivalent in their current jurisdiction.
- Doctorate in Engineering or related specialty is a definite asset.
- Minimum 15 – 20 years of relevant experience in the mining industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated leadership skills in the management of technical people and advanced projects.
- Strong project management skills, PMC certificate an asset.
- Expert-level experience in numerical modeling is required.
- Operations experience is a strong asset
- Strong English skills both written and spoken are an asset.
- Ability to write clear and accurate technical documentation at a high level is required.
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 environment would be considered an asset.
- An understanding of 3D CAD software is a strong asset.
- Willingness to be based in Canada, specifically Ontario a definite asset. Ability to travel internationally is required.
In order to apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before March 30th, 2022.