Founded in 1986, Innovative Circuit Technology Ltd. (ICT) is a recognized leader in providing DC power conversion products for the land mobile radio, fixed wireless broadband, small cell and industrial DC power markets. ICT is located in the heart of the Fraser Valley.
The company is looking for an effective, strategic, organized and self-motivated individual to join their team as a Business Development Associate to execute on the company’s sales plan to increase revenue from the broadband market, selling to wireless internet service providers. Reporting to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing, the role will be responsible for identifying key accounts within specific strategic markets and developing these accounts to increase sales, market penetration and positioning of ICT and their products.
The ideal candidate has experience with strategic selling, is proactive in identifying and targeting new accounts and has an aptitude to learn new markets and applications.
In order to succeed in this role, you must identify, target and generate demand for ICT products and increase revenue from new accounts.
Why you should work for ICT:
- Rapidly growing company, resulting in a 33% growth year after year!
- Vast amounts of government funding are going into the telecommunication space, resulting in endless business opportunities!
- Competitive Compensation starting at $95,000 to $100,000 and on-target earnings around $125,000 to $130,000.
- Health, dental and vision care benefits, RRSP matching program, laptop, cellphone, travel reimbursement.
- Meet and exceed assigned sales quotas.
- Increase revenue for the company by researching, identifying and developing new accounts within the broadband market.
- Develop a growth strategy and marketing campaign, working with ICT Marketing to increase ICT brand awareness and generate leads.
- Conduct cold calling to promote company’s products and build an opportunity pipeline.
- Identify key contacts and decision makers within organizations to understand their business needs, predict and overcome customer objectives and present the value proposition and solution to the customer.
- Arrange business meetings and visit accounts as necessary to support sales efforts.
- Manage customer relationships through to the first sale: initial contact, account development, promotion of products and services, evaluation of products and product acceptance.
- Create and provide presentations to prospective customers.
- Attend industry functions and events, including tradeshows and networking sessions.
- Remain current on industry trends, technology trends, product applications, market activities and competitive products.
- Provide important market and customer feedback to ICT for product improvements and new product development.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to internal ICT personnel regarding new and existing sales opportunities.
- Maintain detailed records of all interactions with customers through Salesforce CRM tool.
- Maintain a sales forecast and accurate opportunity funnel.
Ideal Candidate has the Following Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor of Science or business degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in technical B2B sales, preferably in the telecommunications industry, with experience in identifying and negotiating with high level decision makers.
- Experience in sales of technology products is required, as products, solutions and applications can be complex.
- Excellent people skills and the ability to build relationships with people at all levels in an organization.
- Must take initiative and be proactive in developing new accounts within key markets.
- A strong drive to succeed is essential to this position, exhibiting a tenacity and maintaining frequent contact with prospects and clients to build rapport. Demonstrates effectiveness in linking product features/benefits to client needs. Initiates action and follow-ups with customers.
- Establishes pre-call strategies with identified objectives and desired outcomes. Conducts post-call analysis and clearly outlines next steps required.
- Proficient knowledge of PC applications such as Salesforce, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Proven time management and planning skills.
- Critical thinking skills.
- A moderate degree of travel is required for this position (4 to 8 times per year). Must be able to travel to the U.S. and internationally.
- Must present a professional appearance and demeanour.
In order to apply, please send your resume to email@example.com before December 12th, 2022.