Company: HRC Law
Recruiting Company: HRCovered
Position: Associate Lawyer
Location: Virtual, Ontario
Job Type: Full Time
Compensation: $115,000-$125,000 salary + LSO and LawPro fees covered + $2500 for CPD
- Are you looking for a better work/life balance and would like to work remotely?
- Are you tired of worrying about billable hours instead of providing great service?
- Do you have 3+ years of experience in employment law?
Then apply to join this exciting and growing employment law firm as an associate lawyer to serve our clients.
Who we are:
HRC Law Professional Corporation is a new generation law firm dedicated to helping small businesses to succeed by providing best in class advice and legal services related to their workforce. Our model aligns the interests of our clients with those of our firm by charging on a subscription and fixed-fee basis. We also work closely with a full-service HR Company to provide our clients with a unique value proposition and to help them to succeed in today’s ultra-competitive environment by allowing them to optimize their relationships with their most important resource – their people!
Your key area of responsibilities
You will be helping small businesses to succeed by:
- being a trusted advisor to our clients on workforce-related matters
- providing sound legal advice on a variety of employment-related issues
- reviewing and drafting documents, such as employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, termination documentation
- workplace investigations
- negotiation and litigation
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- licenced to practice law in Ontario (being licenced to practice in other provinces a bonus)
- 5+ years overall in private practice or in-house with a minimum of 3 years experience in employment law
- employer side experience is an asset but not required
- bilingual is a asset but not required
- self-starter who is not afraid to take initiative
- team player with a keen interest in business
- great listener and communicator