Company: HRC Law Professional Corporation
Recruiting Company: HRCovered Inc.
Job Title: Associate Lawyer (Bilingual)
Job Type: 100% Remote, Full-Time
Compensation: $103k-125k salary + benefits
- Are you looking for a better work/life balance and would like to work remotely?
- Are you tired of worrying about billable hours instead of providing great service?
- Do you have 8-12 years of experience as a lawyer, with at least 5 years of experience in employment law?
If YES, then apply to join this exciting new venture as an associate lawyer!
HRC Law Professional Corporation is seeking a highly skilled, qualified and experienced Bilingual Lawyer specializing in employment law to join its team as an Associate Lawyer to assist with serving a diverse portfolio of clients in Quebec, Ontario and throughout Canada. If you are a passionate and experienced lawyer looking for an established firm focused on work-life balance, culture and mutual respect, this is your chance! The ideal candidate should be called to the Bar in Quebec and Ontario, possess a law degree in civil law and common law, and have a minimum of 8 years of overall experience as a lawyer, with at least 5 years of experience specifically in employment law.
The Associate Lawyer will report to a senior lawyer as well as directly to the CEO of HRC Law. The primary responsibility of the Associate Lawyer will be to provide outstanding service to HRC Law’s clients by providing legal advice and guidance to clients on employment law matters, including regulatory compliance, contracts, policies, terminations, discrimination and harassment, investigations, etc. The Associate Lawyer will also be responsible for drafting documents such as contracts, agreements, policies, and court pleadings.
About HRC Law
HRC Law Professional Corporation is a new generation law firm dedicated to helping small businesses to succeed by providing best in class advice and legal services related to their workforce. HRC Law provides comprehensive legal services to its clients, ranging from advice and counsel to representation in legal proceedings. They pride themselves on their commitment to professionalism, excellence, and client satisfaction. Their model aligns the interests of their clients by charging on a subscription and fixed-fee basis.
HRC Law also works closely with a full-service HR Company to provide clients with a unique value proposition and to help them to succeed in today’s ultra-competitive environment by allowing them to optimize their relationships with their most important resource – their people!
Key Area of Responsibilities
As an Associate Lawyer, you will contribute to the success of small businesses by:
- Providing expert advice on a range of employment-related issues.
- Reviewing and drafting various documents, including employment agreements and independent contractor agreements.
- Handling litigation matters.
- Conducting legal research and analysis to provide accurate and up to date advice.
- Representing clients in negotiations, mediations, and hearings.
- Staying up-to-date with changes in employment laws and regulations in Quebec and Ontario and communicating relevant updates to clients and colleagues.
- Collaborating with other team members.
- Managing and prioritizing workload effectively, meeting deadlines, and ensuring client satisfaction.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Licensed to practice law in Quebec and Ontario.
- Hold a Civil Law and Common Law degree.
- A minimum of 8 years of overall law practice, with at least 5 years specializing in employment law (employer-side experience preferred).
- Familiarity with labor law is a plus.
- Bilingual proficiency (English and French).
- Self-starter with a proactive mindset.
- A collaborative team player with a keen interest in business.
- Strong process orientation.
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
How to Apply
DO NOT MISS this opportunity if you are passionate about employment law and providing excellent client service AND you are tired of the grind of billable hours! To apply, send your resume to email@example.com.