Company Hiring: Hamilton Jewish Family Services
Recruiting Company: HRCovered Inc.
Job Title: Executive Director
Job type: Permanent, Full-Time.
Location: Hamilton Jewish Family Services headquarters Dundas, Ontario
Compensation: $78 – $82k plus $3K bonus, benefits and more
Job Start Date: June 20, 2022
Are you a forward-thinking leader? Do you have what it takes to run a nonprofit that impacts people’s lives on a daily basis? Here’s your chance!
Hamilton Jewish Family Services (HJFS) is a non-profit multi-service agency that helps people in the spirit of Jewish values and traditions. Since 1929, the agency has been identifying and responding to the needs and challenges of the local Jewish Community in Hamilton, Halton, Niagara and surrounding areas. HJFS’s four core areas of community support are Poverty Reduction, Seniors Support, Life Navigation, and Mental Health. The agency’s mission is to strengthen individual, family, and communal life in keeping with Jewish values and traditions.
HJFS is seeking a new Executive Director to lead the organisation and further its mission. In this role, you will oversee all aspects of the agency including program and fund development, community outreach, and human resources including the supervision of staff. You will oversee a staff of 12+ and 30+ volunteers. This position reports to the HJFS Board of Directors, through the Chair.
What you’ll do at HJFS
- Oversee program and fund development
- Establish community outreach programs and ensure engagement
- Oversee operational aspects of the agency, including communications and human resources
- Manage a staff of 12+ including four managers. Managers will report directly to you.
- Research, prepare and write a variety of different documents, such as funding proposals, meeting minutes, briefing notes, public reports, and newsletters
- Report to the Board monthly (the ED attends Board meetings and reports directly at these meetings to the Board).
- Help continue to grow and foster HJFS as a dedicated leader
- 3 years of experience in a management position for a not-for-profit
- Graduate degree or equivalent preferred; undergraduate degree with senior NFP experience considered
- Open to engaging with the Jewish community and learning about Jewish holidays and traditions. You do not need to be Jewish.
- Experience in grant writing and fundraising initiatives
- Fully vaccinated for Covid-19 (2 shots)
Nice to have
- Experience as an Executive Director for a not-for-profit is preferred but not required.
- Experience working with multiple funders
- Experience working with a board of directors is a bonus
- Experience in Poverty Reduction, Seniors Support, Life Navigation, or Mental Health is an asset
Does this sound like you?
- Out-of-the-box thinker
- Enjoys working with people
- Able to make tough decisions when required
- Be part of a kind and caring community
- Create a positive impact and help change lives
- Competitive salary ranging from $78-$82K
- 35 hours per week with flexible start/finish times
- Work from home on Fridays
- Full health and dental benefits.
- 4 weeks of paid holidays plus stat holidays and Jewish holidays (10-13 days depending on the year)
- An earned bonus of up to $3000 upon the discretion of the Board
- RRSP contribution of 4% of gross salary
- $2500 for professional development. You can decide what you want to invest in, for example a CPA course, conferences etc.
If you like what you just read, apply now!
Please send your resume to email@example.com before May 26th, 2022.