Founded over 40 years ago, Fowler Kennedy is an internationally renowned centre for sport and exercise medicine committed to providing cutting-edge clinical care and leadership in the advancement of sport medicine.
They are opening a third location in London Ontario and looking to hire a Retail and Clinic Operations Manager. This is a unique opportunity to work with great sports medicine professionals and be a key player in successfully opening the brand-new clinic! The role reports to the Executive Director.
The Retail and Clinic Operations Manager will be responsible for the retail and day to day operations of the brand-new sport medicine clinic location. This role will work closely with vendors, customers, patients, partners and clinicians to design and execute a sport medicine retail portfolio that meets the needs of our patients and clients and delivers the best client experience possible.
This role will also be responsible for the day-to-day management of the administrative team supporting patient bookings, billings, and clinical support. As a manager, you will be responsible for coaching staff on processes, programs, and product, as well as for some patient education. Over time, the Manager will become fully cross-trained so that they can assist staff with patient sales, services, and general administration.
Why you should work for Fowler Kennedy:
- Full-time, permanent role. Clinic is located in the south-end of London.
- Competitive Compensation starting at $60,000 to $80,000, depending on experience. Graduated bonus structure.
- Professional development opportunity to initiate the opening and operation of a clinic in year one!
- Extended health, dental and vision benefits, RRSP matching program. LTD coverage. Generous vacation.
- This role will work closely with the Executive Director to support the start-up and initiation of a new clinic location with a specific emphasis on initiating and executing a new retail model and operation.
- Serving as the key project lead, this individual will lead the ordering, delivery and installation of new equipment, furniture, fixtures etc.
- This role is responsible to design, stock and implement the retail program in the clinic including working closely with preferred vendors on stock location, shop and placement designs and other vendor opportunities.
Marketing and Partner Outreach
- Working with the Marketing and Social Media Coordinator provide content, images etc. for posting on the clinic’s social media pages, web-pages etc.
- Plan and host special events including the soft opening and grand opening of the new space.
- Identify and work with key partners to increase referrals, foot traffic, and customers through the clinic across all department.
- Work closely with key partners to plan and coordinate joint events, information sessions and other opportunities to market and promote the clinic services and space.
Customer Relationship Management & Sales
- Conduct in-clinic sales with patients referred from physiotherapy, primary care and orthopedics.
- Recommend best products for clients based on injury / diagnosis and recommendations from the clinical team.
- Recommend products for the continuous improvement in quality and type of products offered that meet needs of patient/customers.
- Manage and optimize inventories.
- Consult with retail services at Western clinic to review inventory recommendations and make product suggestions.
- Verify the accuracy of product orders and maintain appropriate inventory.
- Ensure complete customer satisfaction and resolve any dissatisfaction that may potentially arise.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and HR Team during the hiring process.
- Coordinate and supervise the distribution of tasks within the team (administrative and retail services).
- Plan training sessions for employees in collaboration across the Clinic.
- Manage the performance and ongoing development of team members.
- Hold weekly team meetings.
- Establish operational resources as required for the effective functioning of the retail and administrative processes.
- Ensure accuracy of invoices, receivables, payables and carry out financial processes as required (reconciliations etc.)
- Ensure accuracy of daily transactions and ensure they are provided to central finance team.
- Manage any maintenance and / or space issues across the Clinic and be responsible for health and safety, accessibility and other requirements for that site.
Ideal Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business, Kinesiology or another relevant field. Any other combination of studies and relevant experience will be considered.
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience, ideally in a retail or service business.
- Experience in sales and personnel management.
- Previous retail and health service experience.
- Excellent communication skills in English is a requirement.
- Ability to actively pursue professional relationships to reach company goals.
- Initiative to think of creative strategies to maximize clinic engagement and exposure.
In order to apply, please send your resume to email@example.com before November 12th, 2023.