Do you enjoy the challenge of fundraising and building relationships? If you are looking to expand your skills in the not-for-profit sector and have an opportunity to see projects in action, this Business Development Coordinator (BDC) role with Forests Ontario might be right for you.
Forests Ontario is dedicated to making our forests and communities greener. Their ambitious tree planting initiatives, extensive education programs and decades of community outreach have resulted in millions of trees being planted each year.
The role is responsible for developing leads, compiling prospects, responding to inquiries and managing relationships with various clients to support the organization’s fundraising trajectory. In particular, the BDC is a key player in advancing prospects and leads into becoming a supporter.
This position is critical in accessing new revenue, growing existing client relationships and the organization’s overall expansion.
The ideal candidate has a strong fundraising personality, a desire to pursue and close projects with new and existing clients and enjoys working in a collaborative environment!
Why you should work for Forests Ontario:
- One year contract with possibility of extension.
- Hybrid role with the expectation to go into the office for programming needs and meetings on average once per month. The office is located at 15 Maple Ave in Barrie.
- Competitive compensation starting at $45,000 to $50,000 depending on experience.
- 10 days vacation and office closure between Christmas and New Year’s!
- Health benefits! Opportunity to incur lieu hours!
- Work closely with the project teams in the development of proposals/ applications to foundations, government, business clients.
- Write with understanding and enthusiasm on forest and grassland restoration, forest management and environmental education.
- Research, identify, and track the development of applications and proposals.
- Maintain, grow, and develop relationships with foundations, government, businesses and achieve client stewardship.
- Support the organization’s fundraising collateral and materials showcasing the client’s support.
- Support the development of and implementation of the organization’s fundraising plan and data management and analysis.
- Develop and provide reports for clients and the organization on achievements towards deliverables/ targets/strategies.
- Act as the representative of the organization at events, booths, exhibits, conferences, presentations.
- Provide and support ideas of funding, donations, and partnerships.
- Perform additional related duties as assigned.
Ideal Candidate has the following Qualifications and Competencies:
- Post-secondary education in fundraising, level of certification can vary (degree, diploma, or short-term program), or combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Working experience using a fundraising or CRM platform, specifically SalesForce and in particular for NFP, to enter data, track, steward and analyse client applications and proposals.
- Proven experience in building and maintaining relationships with a diversity of clients providing excellent customer service and working in a team environment with effective communication.
- Experience writing applications and funding proposals for foundations and government grants and developing application budgets.
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A self starter with a high degree of motivation and initiative.
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
In order to apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before November 12th, 2023.