Are you passionate about restoring trees and grasslands? Do you enjoy the challenge of fundraising with diverse stakeholders? Now is your chance to take your career to the next level as the Business Development Manager at Forests Ontario.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time & Remote
Location: 15 Maple Ave Unit #103 Barrie, Ontario
Job Status: Remote and some requirements to be in office
Reports to: Director of Business Development
Salary: Based on skills and experience
Compensation: Vacation, sick and personal days, health and dental benefits, options for RRSP contributions.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for foundation/ grants/ corporation/ business clients and prospects for Forests Ontario. They will develop leads, compile prospects, respond to inquiries, manage relationships with clients to support of the organization’s fundraising trajectory. In particular, the BDM aids in advancing prospects into becoming a supporter.
This position is critical to Forests Ontario in accessing new revenue, growing existing client relationships and aid in the organization’s expansion. The ideal BDM has active listening skills, a strong fundraising personality, and a desire to pursue and close projects with new and existing clients.
About Forest Ontario
Forest Ontario is a not-for-profit dedicated to the creation, preservation and maintenance of forests and grasslands. Our ambitious, large-scale tree planting programs, extensive education resources, and decades of community outreach result in millions of trees being planted each year. Together with our national division, Forest Recovery Canada, we are the trusted authority for those seeking to invest in the growth and future of our forests, and the health of our communities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create project proposals and applications to foundations/government/businesses corporations.
- Work closely with the project teams in the development of proposals/ applications.
- Write with understanding and enthusiasm on forest and grassland restoration, forest management and environmental education.
- Use the application processes to maintain, grow, and develop relationships with foundations/government/businesses corporations to achieve client stewardship.
- Support the organization’s fundraising collateral and materials showcasing the client’s support.
- Support the development of and implement the organization’s fundraising plan.
- Provide reports for clients and the organization on achievements towards deliverables/ targets/strategies.
- Act as the representative of the organization at events, booths, exhibits, conferences, presentations.
- Provide and support ideas of funding, major gifts, and monthly donors.
- Perform additional related duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in fundraising, although the level of certification can vary (degree, diploma, or short-term program)
- Working experience using a fundraising or CRM platform, specifically SalesForce and in particular for NFP
- Proven experience as a supervisor or leader with developed skills in team management
- Knowledge in various fundraising portfolio coordination to identify options and provide some support/direction
- Outstanding oral and written communication abilities
- Strong organization skills and ability to multitask
- Understands how to prioritize to work effectively
- Effective and efficient time management skills
- Proactive and self-starting
- Knows who to collaborate with and is proactive in reaching out to them
- Bias for action; does not sit around and wait for direction
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- This role is remote, with some requirements to be in office
- Working hours are generally from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- This position will work mainly with funding and clients
- Travels involve:
- Meeting with clients
- Attending events
- Support initiatives
- Some work outside of typical working hours may be required
How to Apply
Are you ready to make a difference and chart an exciting new career path? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and title the email “Forest Ontario.” We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interviewing process will be contacted.