Company Hiring: Flying Fresh Air Freight ( FFAF Cargo)
Recruiting Company: HRCovered Inc.
Job Title: Claims Manager
Job type: Permanent, Full-Time, 100% Virtual
Compensation: $80 – $100k plus benefits and perks
Do you feel at home with Claims? Are you ambitious and motivated and want to build your department from the ground up? Want a rewarding career with a privately owned, industry-leading, all encompassing logistics provider? Here’s your chance!
About Flying Fresh
FFAF Cargo is a Flying Fresh Air Freight subsidiary – Canada’s Number One perishable freight forwarder. FFAF Cargo provides affordable, customized and innovative logistics solutions and management. The company has a strategic network of global alliances that provides the most efficient and secure way to move goods. FFAF Cargo is a fully accredited IATA service provider that offers the highest standards in international and domestic air freight forwarding services.
FFAF Cargo is looking for a driven and motivated claims manager with extensive knowledge of claims, current laws and settlements. In this role, you will oversee the complete claims management processes and ensure the procedure is handled efficiently, accurately, and in a manner that protects the interests of the company while also providing satisfactory customer service. In addition, you will serve as a liaison between adjusters, claimants, customers and third parties who may be involved in a claim or an incident related to it.
What you’ll do at Flying Fresh
- Completely handle any claims the company has
- Negotiate with carriers or third parties for claim settlements
- Deal with clients, explain the claims process to them, and help them settle claims
- Coordinate and handle all internal claim investigations and communicate the findings to the customer/vendor
- Verify/analyze applicable coverage for the loss and administer the financial aspects of assigned claims, including reserves, cost allocation, and processing loss payments
- Handle the negotiation, settlement, and resolution aspects of the claim process
- Work closely with adjusters, claimants, customers and third parties
- Collect and review incident reports and claim investigation materials
- Coordinate with the other departments, and provide claims advice/instruction at the time of the incident, possibly while shipments are still in transit.
- Other duties as assigned
Who we need
- A natural leader
- An ambitious & motivated personality
- A quick decision maker and problem solver
- Someone who wants to plant their feet and grow within the company and stay long term
- Thorough knowledge of claims management
- Airfreight claims experience
Nice to haves
- Logistics experience handling exports and imports
- Upward potential with career and financial development.
- Claims and Transportation knowledge/background.
- Legal experience or law designation. The position can be tailored to become a Claims and legal Manager for the right applicant with an additional increase in salary and responsibilities.
Does this sound like you?
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Proven ability to problem solve, work independently and be self-motivated.
- Good negotiation skills and a customer service focus
- Proficient in MS Office with a focus on Excel
Why Join Flying Fresh
- Work in Privately owned, leading company where owners are heavily involved
- Join a workforce with Healthy and strong working relationships
- Flexible Working Hours
- Work-life balance
- 100% virtual work
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation/holiday/sick time
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- Opportunity to set up and lead the claims department
If you like what you just read, apply now!
Please send your resume to email@example.com before May 26th, 2022.