ORCA designs, manufactures and installs the leading technology in the food waste recycling industry. They are committed to delivering efficient, clean alternatives to traditional truck-based collection systems.
The company is looking for a Dispatch Supervisor. This role is a leadership role and will report to the President. The Dispatch Supervisor would be responsible for managing a remote team and ensuring the logistics and customer service operations are performing to standard to achieve the business objectives.
The ideal candidate has a leadership and technical mindset, is organized and detail oriented and wants to assist the ORCA team in achieving their vision: to take every garbage truck off the road!
This is a great opportunity to to be an integral part of the business and work in a fun, relaxed environment, where sustainability initiatives are important.
Compensation Range: Competitive compensation starting at $80,000 to $100,000 depending on experience and annual bonus.
Benefits: Company-paid benefits after 3 months.
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time in Office (Markham/Steeles), flexibility around hours.
- Supervise, coordinate and oversee day to day logistics operations.
- Manage and supervise direct reports from the customer service and technician department.
- Responsible for all dispatching operations; including the coordination of part shipments with the warehouse, responding to all customer inquiries globally and setting up sales orders.
- Create and implement a tracking system to keep track of work orders and customer inquiries.
- Support field operators in different regions with material supplies.
- Support and coach team members to monitor progress towards meeting objectives.
- Arrange and coordinate shipments in and out of Canada and appropriate custom documents.
- Work with freight providers to schedule freight pickups.
- Setup sales order in ERP system Business Central.
Ideal Candidate has the following Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in a similar functionality of the tasks required (planning, coordination, logistics, customer side).
- Experience in a supervisory position.
- Competent in using technical software systems to manage day to day operations.
- Excellent communicator with deep people leadership experience who can coordinate a diverse range of stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Cross border dispatch experience.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- High attention to detail and customer service.
- Ability to comfortably interact with a variety of people.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
In order to apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 21st, 2022.