Company Hiring: Canadian Wear Technologies
Recruiting Company: HRCovered Inc.
Job Title: Production Supervisor / General Foreman
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Job Location: Cobourg, Ontario
Shift: Monday to Friday, 7:00 am to 3:30 pm EST
Compensation: $70k – $80 salary plus benefits and more…
Reports to: The President
Are you a dynamic professional and a natural leader? Do you have a flair for problem-solving and an innate ability to coordinate multiple moving pieces in a fast-paced environment? Can you find your way around a machine effortlessly?
Here’s the opportunity you’ve been seeking. Canadian Wear Technologies is looking for a new Production Supervisor (General Foreman) to join them immediately!
About Canadian Wear Technologies
Serving the mining industry since 1985, Canadian Wear Technologies offers a range of products covering basic to advanced wear protection. The company is a growing manufacturer of premium impact and abrasion-resistant products for bulk material handling systems in mining, steel processing, aggregates and power generation.
Canadian Wear Technologies is looking for a well-organised, detail-oriented, and experienced Production Supervisor to join their growing team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for scheduling jobs, staff supervision, inventory management and other roles below.
Roles and responsibilities
Reporting to the president, the successful candidate will be responsible for all of the following, along with additional tasks as assigned:
- Ensures compliance with government laws and regulations and is responsible for overseeing and adherence to the Quality Manual
- Responsible for the facilities and equipment needed to manufacture the products and ongoing maintenance
- Ensures supervised employees are familiar with and have access to quality procedures, work instructions and records related to their work
- Evaluate and coach production personnel as required
- Identifies the training needs and skills required for each job to ensure competency at all levels and initiates ongoing training where appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring that the systems, procedures and equipment are in place to allow the employees to do their jobs in a safe, quality-conscious manner
- Responsible for employee safety, workplace hazard inspection and correction
- Responsible for the implementation of all manufacturing continuous improvement projects
- Troubleshoot production, quality and safety issues
- Monitors proper storage, identification and control of material
- Determine hourly staff levels with 10+ direct reports
- Company representative for the Health & Safety program
- Production scheduling and communicating current shop lead-time to sales
- Keep maintenance logs and report on daily activities
- Work with other managers to formulate objectives and understand requirements
- Organise workflow to meet specifications and deadlines
- Oversee receiving, material handling and warehousing
- Manage stock control and reconcile with the data system
Education, Experience and Competencies
- Post Graduate diploma or degree
- Minimum 3 years experience in manufacturing/production supervision/team lead role
- Experience with production scheduling, vacation planning, and supervising staff
- Small company experience can be an asset
- Experience with ERP systems (Job Boss experience is a plus)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong mathematical and organisational skills
- Strong commitment to quality and customer satisfaction
- Mechanically inclined ( need to take machines apart sometimes occurs)
- Willingness to learn and grow within the company
- Easy going but also is firm in management when required.
Job Benefits and Perks
- A small company feel and supportive environment
- A work culture that values family life and work-life balance
- Fast growing company that offer opportunities for internal growth
- Work within a very social and close-knit group
- A management that goes out of their way to make employees happy
- Barbeque, Golf Tourney, and Christmas Parties
- Everyone gets to know everyone on a personal level
- Everyone works well together as a team
- Three weeks of paid vacation
- Competitive salary
- Strong benefit plan (including dental)
If you like what you just read, apply now!
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com before August 25th, 2022.