Founded in 1985, The Consulting House is a well established privately-held insurance brokerage, specializing in Employee Benefits and Group Retirement Programs. They develop strategies that enhance and maximize the value of their clients benefits, pension, retirement and wealth management programs. The firm is a member of the Benefits Alliance.
Due to significant growth, they are looking for a Benefits Associate to join their team, located at Yonge and Sheppard in Toronto. The role will be responsible for maintaining and improving systems and processes to support the consultants in achieving continued success in their business. The role reports to the Partner.
The Consulting House is built on 5 shared core values: Trust, Creativity, Client First, Continuous Improvement and Responsiveness.
These five core values are the foundation of the firm and guide the team’s actions, shape their culture and set them apart from competitors.
The ideal candidate shares these core values and has a good understanding of the group insurance market combined with previous experience working for a Consultant or Broker.
Why you should work for The Consulting House:
- Permanent, Full-time, Hybrid Role (in office 2 days per week) *office has Subway access*
- Competitive Compensation – depends on experience and completion of CEBS designation, Bonus Pay, Overtime Pay and potential Signing Bonus.
- Awesome Benefits, which include:
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits and Retirement programs (100% match)
- Generous Health & Wellness Spending Account
- Corporate Wireless Discount
- Complimentary Financial Planning
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Free days off
- Team appreciation events (have included go-karting, paintball, escape rooms and more – team vote)
- Generous Profit Sharing bonus
Responsibilities and Duties:
The successful candidate will be expected to have a good understanding of the group insurance market and be able to handle:
- Client implementations and transfers.
- Benchmark client’s benefits with existing programs.
- Review contracts and booklets for accuracy.
- Prepare and review client applications.
- Presenting Renewals and Marketing.
- Address client questions, concerns and more in a timely manner.
- Ability to manage upwards of 50 clients.
Qualifications and Skills:
- The candidate must have a minimum of 2+ years of Employee Benefits experience with an insurance carrier or preferably a consulting/brokerage firm.
- Education: Completion of a University Degree (mathematics or business background preferred).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Completion of CEBS designation or working towards their CEBS designation is an asset.
- Direct client contact experience.
- Experience working with larger clients, greater than 100 employees.
- Knowledge of Group Retirement Programs is an asset.
- Bilingual is an asset.
In order to apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before June 25th, 2023.