Big Brothers Big Sisters Agencies in Ontario are registered charities delivering life-changing mentorship programs to children and youth facing adversities throughout the province of Ontario. Since 2017, the 42 Big Brothers Big Sisters Agencies in Ontario have been working together to find effective and efficient ways to enhance the impact of mentoring programs and services in Ontario.
The Ontario BBBS Collaborative is seeking a skilled and passionate individual to join as a Collaborative Coordinator to help coordinate and centralize the work and the priorities of the Collaborative. The successful candidate will report to the Collaborative via the Leadership Team.
The ideal candidate is a strong communicator, highly organized and brings an understanding of a federated structure and collaborated work.
This is a great opportunity for a personable individual, who enjoys working with service providers and is comfortable facilitating discussions while ensuring principles of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion are respected.
Job Type: Part-time, approximately 25 hours per week, 12-month renewable contract
Virtual and Remote Work
Compensation: $25 to $30 per hour, based on experience
- To provide administrative and scheduling support to the Collaborative Leadership Team and other BBBS service delivery providers and working groups as required. This support can include such tasks as, preparing agendas, minute taking, tracking action items, following up on upcoming delivery timelines.
- Ensure the collective resources of the Collaborative are communicated and updated in a timely fashion.
- Providing background information on prospective funding opportunities and leads.
- Administer surveys and data collective initiatives and collate responses.
- Review locally created material, assess its value and prepare it for general use.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentation when required.
- Create branded templates to be used for the development of provincial assets.
- Support the fiscal accounting for funds allocated to the Collaborative.
- Actively listen and reflect during the weekly Collaborative meetings and put feedback into action.
The Ideal Candidate has the following Skills and Experience:
- Post-secondary education with job-related experience in administration/project management/social work is preferred.
- Strong time-management skills and ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience drafting content and framework on topics relevant for the social service sector and preferably for collaborative initiative.
- Experience managing a project workplan and executing on tight timelines.
- Solid computer skills in a PC environment with in depth understanding of Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Comfortable using Microsoft Teams.
- Understanding of the not for profit, youth and child sector is an asset.
The Ontario Collaborative is committed to principles of anti-oppression and employment equity. We value and encourage opportunities to work with members of Indigenous, ethno-racial, LGBTQ+, Francophone, immigrant, refugee, differently-abled and other equity-seeking groups.
In order to apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before February 24th, 2022.