➡️ Do you like to challenge yourself within a fast-paced environment?
➡️ Do you value working inside a positive corporate culture?
🎯 Now is your chance to start a new chapter in your career as the Operations Coordinator for The Club Management Association of Canada (CMAC).
Job Title: Operations Coordinator at CMAC
Location: 703 Evans Ave. (near Sherway Gardens in west Toronto)
Job Type: Permanent & Full-Time. Based on a 35-37.5 hour work week with both a flexible start time (8 A.M. to 930 A.M.) and a lieu time policy
Job Status: Hybrid (2 days in office and 3 days from home)
Reports to: CEO
Salary: $55-65K based on experience
Compensation Package: Dental and health insurance, 3 weeks vacation, and RRSP contribution
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Operations Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the smooth and efficient running of the National Office with a focus on administrative and operational excellence.
The Operations Coordinator supports the implementation of CMAC programs, by providing accurate and timely entry of financial, membership, event, and other operational data. Reporting to the CEO, this person works closely with other CMAC staff to facilitate data entry and maintenance of the organization’s infrastructure systems, including the events application, the CMAC website (WPO), and association management system (ADNA). The Operations Coordinator will also serve as the executive assistant to the CEO.
About The Club Management Association of Canada
The Club Management Association of Canada is the national professional association for individuals involved in the club management profession in Canada. Since 1957, the association has been supporting members with education, certification, networking and member events to facilitate them being the best in the industry. Members include general managers, chief operating officers, assistant general managers, clubhouse managers, golf superintendents, chefs, controllers, food and beverage supervisors, golf professionals, as well as students interested in pursuing a career in club management. CMAC professionals work at private, semi-private and public golf clubs, country clubs, city clubs, faculty clubs and recreation and leisure clubs.
CMAC’s mission is to promote and develop the profession of club management via the Certified Club Manager (CCM) designation while providing education to members, including career and networking opportunities.
- Process deposits and payments
- Enter data, issue invoices and track payments for event-related items
- Track and follow-up with outstanding receivables
- Prepare monthly reconciliations between data in ADNA and CMAC’s accounting system
- Update ADNA with member invoices and ensure it matches CMAC financial reports
- Monitor invoicing of corporate partner contracts
- Assist in the preparation of the annual audit
- Process new member applications, including setting up member profiles in the database and ensuring all information is complete for reports and statistical purposes
- Coordinate the annual membership renewal process
- Prepare membership reports
- Coordinate meeting schedule for the Membership Committee, including email reminders with agendas, past minutes and additional meeting materials
- Record minutes of the Membership Committee meetings
Office Administration/Executive Assistant
- Create position postings broadcast and ensure they are published to the website in a timely manner
- Ensure the CMAC website is current by updating content on a regular basis
- Assist with populating content in event apps
- Prepare broadcast emails as required to support programs and services and communicate information to members on a timely basis
- Ensure articles from each issue of the magazine are archived on the website and copies of each issue are distributed to the authors
- Maintain the editorial calendar for the magazine and follow-up with authors and the production company
- Work with the CEO to ensure Branch compliance and filing of Board paperwork
- Assist with the care and maintenance of office equipment, supplies and the general office environment including the common areas
- Maintain procedural manuals, under the direction of the CEO
- Manage mailings and courier packages as required
- Ensure files are stored in accordance with office procedures
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in office administration
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience
- Advanced computer skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent database management skills with an understanding of how to query a database
- Strong organizational abilities and time management skills
- Top-notch administrative and project management skills
- Excellent communications skills (written and oral)
- Strong interpersonal skills that include listening, responsiveness and a professional, customer-service oriented approach to all situations
- Flexibility to work overtime when required
Nice to Haves
- Strong financial acumen with previous exposure to Quickbooks
- Previous executive assistant experience considered an asset
- Understanding of the hospitality and/or club management industry desirable
- Volunteer management and/or not-for profit work experience
- HTML or web publishing skills is an asset
How to Apply
Are you ready to make a difference and chart an exciting new career path? Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org