Company: Boge & Boge (1980) Ltd. & Diaser Management (2006) Ltd.
Recruiting Company: HRCovered Inc.
Job Title: Senior Design Structural Engineer
Job type: Permanent, Full-Time, In-office
Compensation: 90-150k salary + bonus + benefits + more!
Boge & Boge, a pre-eminent design firm, is seeking services for long term employment of an experienced and qualified Senior Structural Design Engineer and Project Manager to join their close-knitted team. The ideal candidate is someone with 15+ years’ experience in consulting engineering for commercial and heavy industrial experience in reinforced concrete, structural steel, wood frame and masonry and various types of foundation systems.
About Boge & Boge
Boge & Boge (1980) Ltd. & Diaser Management (2006) Ltd. is a consulting engineering and design build construction company based out of winnipeg and is currently working on several projects in Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta. The company provides a full range of engineering, construction, design-build, consulting and project management services.
Your Impact at Boge & Boge
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide lead structural design and technical support including concept design, calculations, connection design, field investigations, and solutions for the construction or repair of industrial facilities. Experience in commercial construction including warehouse and multi-unit residential work is beneficial.
- Work with 4 structural drafters and two structural engineers.
- Review project documents prior to issue including coordination and technical check, drawing standard conformance, shop drawing review, scope and presentation.
- Develop and maintain positive in-house staff relationships and assist with staff hiring and performance review.
- Mentor junior staff
- Develop and maintain positive, sustainable client relationships.
- Coordinate and work with project team members including other in-house disciplines and subcontracted services.
- Travel out of town approximately 3-days per month, occasionally more depending on the project.
- Report to the Operations manager as well as president and coordinate with other department heads including financial, mechanical engineering and construction services.
- Write scoping, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies and provide input on and/or submit proposals/bids and generate technical reports.
- Review and generate general notes for structural projects.
- Assist in design build construction.
- Write specifications and review contract documents.
- Conduct site inspections and provide condition assessment reports.
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Civil Engineering, specializing in structures.
- Ability to register as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in other provinces including Alberta and Saskatchewan are an asset.
- Broad scope knowledge of civil designs and an understanding of industry codes, standards, and Canadian construction methods
- Able to work in design-build and EPCM contract format.
- Material design experience, including the use of structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry, wood and cladding systems. Familiar with Canadian Standards for these materials.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work for team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Practical Design Skill set.
- Familiarity with the latest version of the National Building Code of Canada is required.
Nice to Haves
- Construction experience is an asset.
- Structural steel detailing and connection design is an asset.
- Experience working on mining and/or heavy industrial projects is an asset
- Engineering estimates and Construction Budget preparation is an asset.
- Project Management skills including familiarity with Microsoft Project is an asset.
Why Join Boge & Boge
- Work for great people who treat you like your own family
- Work with a close-knit team of 20 employees
- Professional and collaborative work environment
- Competitive compensation: $90-$150k
- Training opportunities
- Benefits plan
- Yearly bonus program based on company’s profit
How to Apply
Are you ready to chart an exciting new career path? Please send your CV to email@example.com before 23rd December, 2022.