Big Brothers Big Sisters of Halton and Hamilton is part of a National Federation comprised of 90+ Member Agencies servicing more than 1,100 communities across the Country.
Vision: All young people realize their full potential
Mission: Enable life-changing mentoring relationships to ignite the power and potential of young people
The Agency is looking for a resourceful, adaptable and ambitious individual to join as a Manager, Finance and Operations to help support our continuously improving organization to deliver impactful mentoring services to the Halton, Hamilton and Grand Erie communities. The successful candidate will work closely with and report to the CEO of the Halton and Hamilton Agency.
The ideal candidate is connected to cause and committed to the principles of Equity, Inclusion, Diversity and Belonging.
This is a great opportunity to join a learning-based, authentic culture that encourages career growth and offers flexible work arrangements to prioritize work-life balance.
Compensation: Starting at $55,000 to $65,000 plus, Benefits & RRSP Program
Job Type: Permanent, Full time – can work remotely, willingness to travel to the office and within the communities we serve, mileage reimbursed.
Key Responsibilities fall within three key operational pillars:
- Office and Building Administration
- HR Administration & Operations Oversight
- Act as an officer for all accounts and signing officer for contracts as required
- Control all investments, under the direction of CEO
- Prepare and distribute all government filings
- Oversee grant budgets, financial reports (monthly statements, year-end and cash flow) and track all application due dates, reporting dates, contacts, recipient program and commitments to funders
- Ensuring the general back up and security of financial data
- Coordinate reconciliation of accounting and Tax receipt records
- Supervise accounting staff, part-time bookkeeper
Office and Building Administration:
- Manage properties and ensure they are properly equipped with policies and procedures
- Manage all equipment and building supply purchases and maintenance contracts
- Liaison with suppliers and respond to any inquiries from tenants renting in the office
HR Administration & Operations Oversight:
- Help foster engagement and wellbeing in the organization
- Oversee preparation of payroll submissions in conjunction with bookkeeper
- Administer and negotiate annual renewal for Insurance and Group Benefits program
- Support the CEO and Service Delivery Managers in oversight of the day-to-day HR functions of the organization
- New hire onboarding and act as a liaison with our outsourced HR team
- Health and Safety tracking/reporting/investigating as required
- Responsible with providing feedback on integrating all data systems (Quickbooks, Donor Management Software, Ceridian)
- Oversight of IT contracts and asset management
Ideal Candidate has the following Skills and Experience:
- Post-secondary education with 1-2 years job-related experience in nonprofit, small business or human services field with experience in accounting/bookkeeping is preferred
- Knowledge of Quickbooks and Ceridian software
- Knowledge of community resources
- Resourceful, self-starter, ability to manage multiple projects and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to comfortably interact with a variety of people
- Desire to work for an inclusive employer and be open to change
In order to apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before February 18th, 2022.