Big Brothers Big Sisters of Peel | York is an organization that believes in igniting the power and potential of young people. Our dedicated team provides support to children, youth and families through various mentoring programs and the committed work of community volunteers.
The Agency is seeking a dynamic youth-serving professional to join as a School-Based Mentoring Caseworker.
The successful candidate will be responsible for liaising with local schools, training volunteer mentors and establishing new mentoring matches while coordinating and supporting school-based mentoring programs across York Region. The candidate will report to and work collaboratively with the Program Manager.
The ideal candidate enjoys engaging with young people and can form professional relationships with key stakeholders at the school board.
Compensation: Starting at $40,000 to $45,000 depending on experience.
Job Type: Full time, 35 hours per week, One Year Contract from July 2022 to July 2023.
Hybrid Remote/In Person: Travel to schools across York Region will be required to support school-based programs; Attendance at the Aurora office, currently planned at once per week starting in September.
- Maintain strong working relationships with community partners, including York Region school board educators and administrators.
- Intentionally focus service delivery efforts to meet community needs and funding objectives.
- Establish and coordinate new group and one-to-one mentoring programs across the Region, in adherence to local and national standards.
- Monitor and support one-to-one and group mentoring matches employing nationally developed tools.
- Organize and facilitate training sessions for volunteer mentors.
- Promote awareness of programs through school presentations and community volunteer fairs.
- Ensure all policies and standards related to the role and overall service delivery, are adhered to.
- Maintain the dignity and confidentiality of all individuals and families accessing services.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Successful completion of post-secondary education in a Human Services related field.
- 1-2 years of experience working with children, youth, and families within diverse communities.
- Familiarity with York Region’s diverse community is preferred.
- Experience with program coordination is an asset.
- Proven experience working in a team environment and ability to work self-directed.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in both remote and in-office working environments.
- Excellent problem solving, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strength-based, trauma informed approach to service delivery with knowledge of child safety.
- Commitment and knowledge of inclusive organizational practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and respectfully with diverse individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Comfortable in a group facilitation/trainer role.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize workload as needed.
- Experience with data entry and database management.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications; Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Teams.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and some weekends as necessary.
- Valid G Driver’s License and access to a vehicle with insurance liability of $2,000,000.
- Current and satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Ability to speak a second language is an asset.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Peel | York is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring a workforce inclusive of the diverse population it serves.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Peel | York promotes the principles of diversity and equity and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
In order to apply, please send your resume to email@example.com before July 9th, 2022.