Advanced Composite Structures (ACS) is a world leader in Rotor-Blade and Composite Structure repair for the Aviation industry. ACS has facilities in Winnipeg, the United States and Australia.
The company is looking for a Quality Manager to join their team at the Winnipeg, MB location. This location is the only helicopter rotor-blade repair location in Canada!
The Quality Manager will be an essential member of the management team who will drive a culture of quality and safety and improvement focused on regulatory and corporate compliance. This role will work closely with the maintenance organization’s General Manager, Person Responsible for Maintenance and reports to group’s Director of Quality and Compliance.
The ideal candidate has experience in the Aviation Maintenance or Aerospace industry, is analytical and process driven and comes with a proven track record of identifying problems and finding solutions!
Why you should work for ACS:
- ACS is a leader in repair of helicopter rotor blades relying on in house development of expanded repair designs, repair tooling design and fabrication!
- Opportunity to work in a specialized field and collaborate with the other facilities to learn best practices!
- Competitive compensation package based on experience and skill set!
- Benefits include Extended Health and Dental, Disability and Life Insurance and RRSP Program. Generous vacation and paid time off!
- Quality oversight of the TCCA AMO requirements per the policy and procedure manual responsibilities.
- Conduct and manage internal quality audit schedule.
- Responsible for TCCA, H&S & customer quality audits.
- Ensure compliance with ACS Quality Management System and Safety Management System
- Management of employee training program.
- Conducts Quality Management System Audits and writes detailed quality reports relating to quality requirement compliance, findings and defect reports. Enters data tracking information into company software systems.
- Analyzes inspection processes, and mechanisms and conducts quality assurance reviews and performs statistical analysis to assess products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability and that documentation is compliant with requirements
- Responsible for controlling accuracy of data in a customer/maintenance management data program.
- Meets with vendors, customers, quality representatives and company personnel to discuss and resolve quality problems as required.
- Can be expected to implement methods and procedures for inspecting and evaluating products, documentation and certifications for supplier-provided parts, materials, and equipment.
- * The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Detailed knowledge of inspection practices (i.e. inspector, technical inspector).
- Experience with AS9100 and ISO procedures or equivalent.
- 5 Years Minimum Experience with TCCA AMO.
- 5 Years Minimum MRO, Aviation or Aerospace Experience.
- Quality Management program graduate or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of: ERP/ MRP / SMS Systems, Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action, Change management principles and performance evaluate processes
- Possess a strong technical background to understand and evaluate the technical specifications, requirements, and capabilities associated with MRO.
- Possess exceptional guidance and collaboration skills, combined with the ability to positively influence internal and external teams to ensure quality standards are in place and complied with.
- Ability to work independently and interface with cross-functional disciplines; using excellent interpersonal skills to drive tasks to completion
- Self-motivated with problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to develop clear and detailed plans.
- Fluent English – reading and writing is required.
- Professionalism, integrity, and exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong independent decision-making skills; excellent analytical skills and professional judgment; ability to self-manage.
In order to apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before March 5th, 2023.