Advanced Composite Structures (ACS) is a world leader in Rotor-Blade and Composite Structure repair for the Aviation industry. ACS has facilities in Winnipeg, the United States and Australia.
The company is looking for a Quality Assurance Specialist to join their team at the Winnipeg, MB location. This location is the only helicopter rotor-blade repair location in Canada!
The Quality Assurance Specialist will help support quality assurance needs for the organization by identifying where the gaps are and finding ways to resolve them.
This role will report to the General Manager.
The role is responsible for performing quality audits and assurance reviews of company processes and procedures. As well as, overseeing essential aspects of quality and safety systems to ensure adherence to industry standards and regulations and for managing the Safety Management System (SMS) at the worksite.
Why you should work for ACS:
- ACS is a leader in repair of helicopter rotor blades relying on in house development of expanded repair designs, repair tooling design and fabrication!
- Opportunity to work in a specialized field and collaborate with the other facilities to learn best practices!
- Competitive compensation package starting at $70,000 to $90,000 based on experience and skill set!
- Benefits include Extended Health and Dental, Disability and Life Insurance and RRSP Program. Generous vacation and paid time off!
- Plan and execute internal quality audits to assess compliance with quality standards and procedures.
- Coordinate and facilitate vendor and customer audits, ensuring timely and accurate responses to findings.
- Collaborate across teams to address audit findings and drive corrective actions.
- Manage the document change management system, ensuring documentation is up-to-date and in compliance with company standards and industry regulations.
- Review and implement changes to quality and safety manuals, procedures, and protocols as needed.
- Oversee the Safety Management System (SMS) for the site, ensuring its effectiveness and continuous improvement.
- Monitor and report on safety incidents and near misses, facilitating investigations and corrective actions.
- Manage the training program to ensure employees receive relevant and up-to-date training related to quality standards and safety regulations.
- Develop and update training materials, communicating these updates to the appropriate teams.
- Lead and facilitate root cause analysis and investigations for quality and safety incidents.
- Work collaboratively with teams to identify and implement corrective and preventive actions.
- Collect and analyze data related to quality and safety performance.
- Provide visibility of trends, issues, and status reports to management, highlighting potential areas for improvement and corrective actions.
- Generate reports and metrics and present them to management to support decision-making and continuous improvement efforts.
- Address and discuss quality and safety issues and proposed solutions with management.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Post secondary education in a relevant field (e.g., Quality Assurance, Safety Management, Engineering, or related discipline) required.
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Quality Assurance Manager or Specialist is an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in quality assurance and safety management.
- Knowledge of relevant quality and safety standards, regulations and best practices.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Knowledge of quality assurance principles and practices.
- Previous experience working in Quality Management for the aviation or aerospace industry is an asset!
- Ability to work independently and interface with cross-functional disciplines; using excellent interpersonal skills to drive tasks to completion.
- Self-motivated with problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to develop clear and detailed plans.
In order to apply, please send your resume to email@example.com before October 16th, 2023.