Company: Hydro Tech
Recruiting Company: HRCovered Inc.
Job Title: Mechanical Engineering Manager
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time ( in office)
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
Compensation: $105-$125 + RRSP matching program and health benefits
Do you want to be part of a diverse, innovative engineering team where work-life balance comes first? Here’s your chance!
Hydro Tech is looking for a passionate and motivated Engineer Manager to spearhead the engineering projects and manage its world-class team of engineers.
Hydro Tech Inc. is an innovative provider of services such as generator and turbine overhaul, upgrades, maintenance, operation and project management for hydroelectric companies worldwide and manufactures bearings.
The Company has its head office in Ontario’s real wonderland – Sault Saint Marie, Northern Ontario, offering a unique community and lifestyle that will appeal to the dedicated professional who values work-life balance. Hydro Tech has satellite offices in Niagara Falls, Ontario and Brunswick, Maine.
As an Engineer Manager, your primary role will be to ensure the safe, reliable & effective execution of engineering projects for generator/turbine overhauls and intake/spill gates. In addition, you will also manage a team of mechanical engineers and engineering technologists.
This is an excellent career opportunity for engineering professionals to work on medium to large (>5 MW) hydro projects and get in-depth experience in product research and product development.
What you’ll do at Hydro-Tech
In this role you will have 3 main duties:
- Project Management: Quoting, research, drawing review, budgets, reporting, planning and executing and everything in between with managing projects from start to finish.
- People Management: Supervising, assigning tasks, motivating, collaboration, team meetings, training, performance management, support and guidance.
- Customer Management: Relationship building, contracts, written and verbal communication and customer service.
What were looking for
- 5 years Engineering Management experience OR a proven track record as a mechanical engineer with a background in Hydro projects
- Hydro or refurbishing industry experience OR a good understanding of machining and machine shops
- Degree in engineering ( mechanical is preference)
- Licenced Professional Engineer in Ontario ( other provinces are accepted if willing to get designation in Ontario)
- G drivers license is required.
- Ability to travel internationally when and if needed
- A team player with the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively
- A quick learner dedicated to continuous self-improvement
- Excellent communication and tech savvy
- Organized mindset with an ability to manage time effectively
- Natural leader and a good mentor to junior engineers
- Must be currently living in Sault Ste. Marie or willing to relocate
- Welding certification ( CWIB) is a plus
- 6 sigma Black Belt certification ( quality) is a plus
- Project Management certification is a plus
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or Autodesk Inventor is a plus
- Proficiency in Adobe acrobat pro is a plus
Preference will be given to those with hydro experience pertaining to hydroelectric projects.
Why Join Hydro Tech
- Work in a strong and close-knit team environment.
- Experience a diverse work culture that prioritizes family life
- A welcoming environment that provides learning opportunities
- Opportunities for career progression
- Competitive salary
- RRSP matching program and health benefits
- Opportunity to lead a team of 3 Mechanical Engineers and 2 Engineering Technologists
- Opportunity to work in Sault Saint Marie – one of the best towns in Ontario
How to Apply
We are looking for a team player who goes above and beyond to get the job done. If this seems like you, apply now!
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 8th, 2022