Starship Freight is celebrating 34 successful years in business! Starship Freight is a third-party transportation logistics company, located in Georgetown, Ontario.
The company is looking for an in-house Dispatcher to assist with the booking of shipments, liaising with suppliers (carriers) and tracing pickups. The Dispatcher is also responsible for keeping records, and monitoring daily logs for errors.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, open communication environment and is looking for a long-term opportunity to grow within a family operated company.
Compensation Range: Competitive base salary starting at $52,000+ depending on experience and
an opportunity for additional performance-based pay after 3 months.
Benefits: Company-paid benefits after 3 months.
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time in Office.
● Maintain and build relationships with current and future suppliers.
● Negotiate the best price on behalf of the customer.
● Schedule and coordinate all service calls as calls are received.
● Ensure calls are performed in an accurate and timely manner.
● Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further
● Oversee all communications within specifically assigned territories.
Ideal Candidate has the Following Skills and Experience:
● 3-5 years of dispatching experience in the freight brokerage/third party logistics
industry at a minimum.
● Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications.
● Experience with: Salesforce (Revenova), Load Link, etc an asset.
● Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks at a time.
● Strong negotiation skills.
● Must be able to work both independently and within a team environment.
● Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
In order to apply, please send your resume to email@example.com before April 13th, 2022.