Founded over 22 years ago, Owen & Associates is a leading Consulting and Brokerage firm that helps global companies establish and manage comprehensive employee benefit solutions. They combine industry experience with a client-centered approach to deliver outstanding service and unique solutions to their clients.
Due to significant growth, they are looking for a Benefits and Retirement Consultant to join their team. The role will be responsible for delivering a high level of client service accompanied with technical skills in a fast-paced work environment. The role reports to the Director of Marketing and Renewals.
The company is headquartered in Collingwood and currently consists of over 47 staff members in various roles.
The ideal candidate has previous experience working for a Brokerage, can manage a high volume of accounts and has an open minded, inclusive attitude in the work environment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
- Full-time, permanent role. 100% Remote! Ideal candidate resides in ON and is willing to travel to the head office 4-6 times per year.
- Competitive Compensation starting at $75,000 to $85,000 plus, depending on experience and completion of CEBS/GBA designation.
- Growing company with an employee driven culture, focused around career development and change!
- Training and professional development coverage.
- Company and Performance based bonus, employer paid health and dental benefits, RRSP matching program.
- Generous vacation and flex/sick days.
- Assigned 70-80 Benefit and Retirement Accounts for Inforce servicing through entire life cycle.
- Monthly or As Required – Assigned up to 10 active new business implementations (GB and RTMT).
- Co-ordinating and finalizing market comparisons, new sale documents and client deliverables for Group and Retirement applications between client and carrier representative.
- Client and broker facing presentations/discussions on annual renewal or retirement stewardship, in addition to employee presentations, quarterly touchpoint calls or client escalation touchpoint syncs.
- Managing Special Block Assignment Relationships (ie. Sequoia/USI or BAN) and being Canadian benefits and retirement subject matter expert.
- Finalizing all reports of renewals, marketing, stewardships and delivery to client.
- High Level Peer Review of Renewals and Quarterlies as required.
- Interactions with clients as needed or as follow up to various tasks or other items/issues.
- Maintain all client files and correspondence to comply with O&A Standards.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and activities by participating in webinars, seminars, etc.
- Special Projects, as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- The candidate must have a minimum of 2+ years of experience working for a Brokerage or 5+ years of specific industry-related experience.
- Designation under CEBS program (or working towards) is an asset.
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Highly flexible, self-motivated and able to multitask.
- Positive attitude, solution oriented and a team player.
- Direct client contact experience and proven ability to manage over 50 accounts.
- Knowledge of Group Retirement Programs is an asset.
- Bilingual is an asset.
In order to apply, please send your resume to email@example.com before September 17th, 2023.