Tired of the rat race? Would you like to live in a place where buying a home is affordable and people are friendly? Have you thought about relocating to Cape Breton, Nova Scotia? If your background is in reactive and proactive maintenance within a manufacturing landscape, we have just the opportunity for you.
Job Title: Maintenance System Technician
Company: Polysteel Atlantic / East Coast Rope Ltd.
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Job Type: Permanent & Full-Time
Reports to: Plant Manager
Compensation: After 6 months on the job, a one time bonus will be paid out based on 10% of the salary. Relocation help is provided. comprehensive health and dental benefits. Company sponsored continuing education. Employee recognition and bonus programs. Reimbursement of annual professional membership dues. Paid vacation that increases with years of service.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Maintenance System Technician is responsible for the ongoing maintenance for the entire operation. This position is responsible for all reactive and proactive maintenance that must be completed to a professional standard. This position is expected to identify, justify and lead/manage all machine reliability related projects and initiatives.
- Maintain and repair electrical, and mechanical systems (including hydraulic and pneumatic) for production and building equipment.
- Generate and conduct/coordinate Preventative Maintenance programs for all equipment and systems.
- Be responsible to the Plant Manager for the delivery of associated maintenance targets and objectives.
- Initiate a strong set of operating indicators that will drive a continuous reduction in MTBF and MTTR throughout the factory.
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with the plant management, production and sales teams.
- Lead the development of reliability improvement measures in support of the company targets.
- Delegate project tasks to junior staff members’ based on individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels.
- Develop comprehensive instructions for implementation of enhancements in the maintenance processes.
- Use and continually develop leadership skills.
- Ensure compliance with all working practices is maintained at all times within the company, paying particular attention to safety, quality & operational procedures.
- Track performance, specifically to analyze the results of key improvement indicators.
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Decide on suitable maintenance strategies and objectives.
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets and activities.
- Apply change, risk and resource management.
- Prepare reports for Management.
- Mechanical OR Electronics/Electrical Engineering Technology Diploma from a recognized educational institution
- 5-10 Years’ experience in a manufacturing environment as a multi-disciplinary technician.
- Competency with PLC, AC/DC Drives and Motors and other automation systems
- Strong understanding and functional capability with generic machine shop equipment
- Working history with bearing fitment and alignment
- Clear understanding of Failure Mode Effect Analysis for mechanical componentry
- Working knowledge of problem solving tools such as 5 Why.
- You will have relevant recent work experience within a manufacturing environment.
- You will be capable of working professionally and objectively, leading and completing projects through clear direction, focus and communications.
- You should be fully conversant in the use of Microsoft Products.
- You should have advanced time management and analytical skills.
- You should have strong leadership and organizational skills.
About Polysteel Atlantic / East Coast Rope Ltd.
Based in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Polysteel Atlantic Ltd makes high quality, competitively priced rope products serving the world. We strive for the long-term success of the company, for customer satisfaction, and for the excellence to meet and exceed world class industry standards. These goals will only be accomplished by the teamwork and commitment of everyone involved: our employees, our customers, our investors and our suppliers. Polysteel Atlantic Ltd is committed to promoting employee equity and building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. If you require accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you. We welcome your interest in joining the Polysteel Atlantic Ltd family.
Given our commitment to employee development across the board, employees enjoy a long and satisfying career at Polysteel Atlantic Ltd in an environment that values their contributions, rewards them properly, and is committed to their safety and wellbeing.
How to Apply
Please send your CV to email@example.com and title the email “Polysteel”. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.